Radial Head Replacement

Posted , 2 users are following.

i was in a motorcycle accident in 2003. They removed part of my radial head in 2004. In 2017 I had a radial head replacement. I hava had 0 issues since then until recently. I am in constant throbbing pain that radiates from my elbow all the way to my wrist. I have seen my surgeon and he believed it was arthritis. A week ago i had a cortisone injection and it really didnt do anything. I havent really slept since the pain started. Has anyone had a similar issue?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Stick with it until you receive a proper diagnosis.

it is so irritating when doctors do what you describe...some are just lazy... turn patients away just because they don't take time identify or diagnose the pain. even if it is arthritis why doesn't he give you info on how to treat it .

cortisone is a tool to help identify the symptoms. it didn't work and it doesn't mean you have developed arthritis that fast. It takes years...it's most likely the implant... at least he could have given you a rx for anti- inflammatories or resting elbow in sling , no lifting a strengthening exercise or something.. for pete sakes.

i was in a bad motorcycle accident too and its not a easy thing to recover from. rehab for you should be on the list of treatments. can you ask for x-ray ?

ask to check for arthritis with a blood test . it can help make that identification if showing high white blood cell count due to inflammation.

sending healing vibes your way.

• Edited

yeah they have taken xrays and cant see anything wrong. im hoping to get a MRI on monday but im not sure yet

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.