Rapid digestion?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello

Is rapid digestion a symptom of IBS?

I had a seeded roll for lunch yesterday and some cherry tomatoes in the evening.

I saw the seeds and tomato skins in my poop this morning!

Is this normal?

x

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Some people with IBS have trouble digesting certain foods properly and and they will see their food in their stools and some foods are easier to digest than others.  With IBS some have a fast transit time with their foods and this can cause loose/frequent stools.  Others have slow transit which causes constipation.  I have a slow transit time.

Have you been diagnosed with IBS and had tests to rule out other causes?

• Posted

Hello

Ive had the Calprotectin test and it came back at 35, which supposedly means IBS.

What other tests should I have? x

• Posted

If you have been told you have IBS, then I would accept the diagnosis and leave it at that.  However, if your doctor is still unsure, you may be referred for celiac testing, an ultrasound, or a colonoscopy.  They may well test another stool sample for h pylori.
  • Posted

hi lizzie, try eating corn or moringga leaves..sometimes the leaves come out whole :p you don't have to worry bout the tomatoe skin..cellulose normally gets difficult to digest but the consistency of the poop is what you should look into.. are you constipated or has loose stool?
  • Posted

Hi

Thanks for replying.

I had awful diarrhea during a course of antibiotics 3 months ago and to date my poop is not back to normal.  I only go once or occasionally twice a day.

I did have blood tests, ruled out CDiff and bacteria.  The lab threw away my blood before testing for Celiac, so this will be redone in a couple of months when I have an underactive thyroid test to check if the increase of medication is OK.

I did try probiotics, but they gave me wind!

My GP is going on the Calprotectin level.

My stress levels are crazy, Ive become totally obsessed with my poop.

I normally go in the morning, I get cramps and then they go after having a poop.

I did have to take a particular medication for a test for a potential heart problem (which thankfully was negative) and it gave me awful diarrhea!

Chillies and garlic give me stomach ache now too.  Its like overnight my tummy has become sensitive to food.

Im worried (well obsessed) with bowel cancer.  I spend all day Googling and its ruining my life and my family's.  

My GP has referred me to the hospital but as its not urgent, I have to wait (probably forever).

Any ideas?

x

• Posted

many people with ibs(particularly diarrea dominant) have trouble breaking down fibre I was told by my gastroenterologist & dietician. which actually causes diarrea! i cut out brown bread, porridge, cereals, most veg, & salad leaves. although this is all the good stuff, the fibre made my ibs much worse. it made alot of difference cutting out these foods. i now eat white bread. i can eat some veg in small handful portion at a time as advised by my dietician : mashed swede/carrot, butternut squash, pumpkin, cooked mushrooms well chewed, & bizarely asdas own cheese coleslaw (spoonful of) but not any other brands - they upset my bowels! i found fodmap diet a waste of time as most of the foods on it i can't tolerate without symptoms. i also have fructose malabsorption so can't eat any fruit. i take a multivit & ester c (non acidic vitamin c tablet ) daily to compensate for the inadequacies in my diet. i also take an expensive liquid probiotic daily which also keeps me stable & seems to prevent me picking up so many colds from work too! hope this helps. x
    • Posted

hi looloo, There two types of fiber.. maybe you have missed these:papaya, fennel,cardamom, wormwood tree, and fennel..pls have time to read through and search bout these herbs and you'll be amazed how they can help you. Will be waiting your feedback.thanks
  • Posted

I have had a similar problem with spinach

Sometimes I do not go for a long time and then other days I have hardly finished a bowl of cereal before I am in the loo. There is never one right answer for me.

• Posted

astrozombie this has been so amazingly incredible in keeping me religiously everyday in the toilet.. though it is non habit forming but great relief is so evident, eat papaya smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.