Rash on bum and around bumhole

Posted , 2 users are following.

i have had a dark red dry rash on the inside of my left buttock and also around my bumhole. it is very itchy. i have tried different moisturisers but it hasnt helped.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

I have had this for 2 months or so now. it has not spread but is just very itchy

• Posted

It may be a fungal infection caused by damp warm conditions. Look in your pharmacy/chemist for Canesten ointment that contains Clotrimazole. Wash and dry yourself before gong to bed and apply rubbing well in. Also do this in the morning. Dont wear any pants in bed and only wear 100% cotton pants in the day. Nothing tight or made of polyester or nylon. Make sure your pants are washed at 60 degrees or above to kill off any fungal spores. If the patch doesnt start to get better in 2 weeks then you may need to see your doctor for something stronger. Possibly a steroid cream

If the ointment makes it worse then stop immediately.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.