Rash on my upper body

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm in peri menopause, I have  been having rash on my upper body for some months now, it's mainly on my arm, chest, I also have very dry skin, elbows, feet and my body in general. The rash is a bit itchy  and flaky as well, I keep scratching them and removing the scabs only to form new ones.  My skin has also become very dry, anyone has this problems. 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

rashes and dry skin in particular can be a sign of perimenopause, it can also affect histamine levels, which CAN cause the rash, Do you notice it more after hot baths and showers etc??
  • Posted

I have really dry skin as well. It seems like I can never put on enough moisturizer. My hair has gotten dry also.
    • Posted

yes my hairs gone like that as well, hope it doesnt fall out next then.............eek menopausal and bald nice turn on.

• Posted

My hair has just started to fall and it's so depressing.
    • Posted

oh god know dont say that, does it fall out constantly, or, just when your in a peri flare?? my hairs thin anyway, i am post, but it can happen during or, after, blinking heck,weight gain depressed, bald, loss of libido, wonderful......................well im getting the best wig if that happens to me, that would be the last ...................ha 
    • Posted

me too, my hair and the headaches....oh well.....what a time in our lives!!!
  • Posted

I have very sensitive skin myself and i wear a c-pap machine to where around the nose and mouth my face is red and dry 

I have itchy skin sometimes too and my hands get very dry and red also i put lotion on it but right now i am trying to get rid of the red mark around my nose and face that my c-pap mask is causing can any body suggest what to do please 

• Posted

If you have a very sensitive skin, what about a baby cream, something like sudocrem, or, an oilatem cream of some sought, or, maybe with you using a plastic mask on your sensitive skin, use a periton cream if there is one, or, an anti allergy cream, eventhough you dont have an allergy to the mask itself, or, just a barrier cream like vasaline, the only trouble is cream around your face for the mask, may make it slip off, you could try it though, maybe wipe the excess off with a tissue.  
  • Posted

hi kad,

i know for sure with itchy and sensitive skin its more important what soap you are using during bath,

soap should be organic ( chemical free) or no soap should be used, also be careful of the deo/ powder you are using

• Posted

My friend has developed dry itchy rash on her arms and my other friend gets problems under her eyes the skin flares up x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.