Red Painful Nose

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've had a slightly red area on one side of my nose and it hurts when I touch it. There are no lumps or anything. I googled it might be Nasal Vestibular Furunculosis or something of the like, but my case is nothing like the pictures. No lumps or boils inside or outside my nostrils at all, and it's fine except for the pain and slight redness.

Also, I have seborrheid dermatitis.

Should I be worried and go to the doctor?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

FYI, the day I started having this I was getting allergy symptoms such as sneezing, clear mucus and itchy eyes. I drank allergy medicine and its over but the nose thing remains.
  • Posted

Hi, just to say I had a slight flat reddish spot on my nose, rather tender. After a while When I saw that it was not going away , I saw a dermatologist who said it was solar keratosis. He treated it, but later I needed a follow-up and now 10 months later I shall be returning as there is a much smaller residue that is still tender though hardly visible. Go and see a dermatologist. It might be nothing serious but it's best to get a professional opinion. The treatment was not painful, just a little stinging, but bearable.

• Posted

Alright, I'll see if this gets any better. Thanks for the advice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.