redundant colon.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone been told they have a redundant colon/floppy bowel after having a colonoscopy?.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Nope. When did you have the colonscopy?
    • Posted

I had a colonoscopy about two years ago they could only do one half, so them sent for a barium enema to do the other half, anyway the end result they said I had a redundant colon, I look for info online which basically says longer than the norm with more loops and turns, or floopy/unattached at one point this I was told by a doctor/surgeon.
    • Posted

Yes I've been told that after a CT scan. I have my colonoscopy next month

• Posted

You will definitely find out when having a colonoscopy, but in my case the the colonoscopy could not be completed due to the colon length etc, so sent for barium enema.
  • Posted

Oh great. I'll have THAT to look forward to now. Lol

• Posted

you may not have any symptoms ,i didn't for years, and apparently the gastro doc told me anxiety over it will only make the symptoms worse. and to try to relax.

• Posted

yea i have been diagnosed with a ling floppy bowel. i had two painful colonoscopy a few years back when i was unaware if the condition ,and had a virtual c.t. scan two years ago when it was confirmed. i can go months without any symptoms, then flare ups of several uncomfortable weeks with really severe cramping and lower left dull continuous pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.