Relentless Insomnia

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone found anything to help with insomnia? I have not slept through the night without prescription medication in over three years. Oral progesterone gives me migraines. I used to at least be able to go to sleep but wake after two to three hours. Now I can't even get to sleep.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello Tina,

Sorry you are dealing with insomnia too 😦

I have been living with it since the beginning of perimenopause, 14+ years ago. I have not had a full nights rest since perimenopause started. I am post menopause 11+ years and it has not gotten any better. I have trouble falling asleep and then once I do go to sleep I never sleep more than 2 hours. I call it broken sleep because I am awake so often. I too have gone through periods where I literally did not sleep any, that is really hard when it happens and always makes the anxiety much worse. I have learned to be thankful if I get 2 hours here and there a night. Menopause is truly a crazy ride and one I do not think some women ever get off of. I hope you can find something that works for you.

• Edited

Hi Tina,

I take magnesium and CBD Oil and it helps massively. I rarely wake in the night now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.