Rocketman

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hey Rocketman, just given Eammon Holmes a heads up about your web page and a link to the forum - wonder if he'll pay us a visit?

Eammon Holmes (for our friends overseas) is a TV presenter who is just about to have a double hip replacement.

5 likes, 46 replies

46 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I put a message bout us on the good morning website to, he is a brave man havi g the two done, his doctor was on explaining the op, i felt really sick then remembered i had the same thing, 🙄 What am i like

suexx

• Posted

Hah, Sue, I tell everyone I know about this site - it's a brilliant support and the people here really care about the smallest things. Rocketman's web page is a valuable resource for all of us as well.

Funny how you kind of get removed from what went on under anaesthetic! I find it all fascinating.

• Posted

You can add Darcey Bussel to the list of celebs. She's the next one to join us.
  • Posted

I hope he does come on to Patient Info - it will help him so much, and any publicity he can give to it can only help more and more people out there.

And thanks for the plug.

Graham

• Posted

Forgot to say, I added some new info on there tonight - a lot in the "Early Recovery" section.
  • Posted

Good luck to Eammon Holmes, his operation is scheduled for Wednesday 3rd Feb i believe - I don't know which hospital, just hope it's not Hailea's one !!!

Graham

• Posted

He will probably be done in Ireland any way so he can go home after. So won't be coming here which is a shame because it really would open a can of worms for sure. 
    • Posted

She (his surgeon is Sarah Muirhead Allwood) operates at the Princess Grace Hospital and the King Edward VII hospital - both in Central London.
    • Posted

I bet

I wish I had now, perhaps I wouldn't be sitting here with a ceramic insert stuck in the shell if I had done that too.

• Posted

Any sorting out will have to wait until October, unless the surgeon fancies making up the 50% shortfall in my salary. frown
    • Posted

Rocket, at least you have used the time to do something so good for all the people with rubbish hips with a fabulous web info site.

I sympathise with the lack of earning power while we all go through this. If it isn't bad enough to face brutal surgery you then have a battle on your hands to fight for what is right. After being retired off on ill health I now find myself having to fight for my pension when I am riddled with OA and cannot return to my substantive physical job.

Have you got a union, Rocket? Mine is being amazing and have taken away a lot of the stress that I have been under.

• Posted

Not in a union - but I do have a very good and understanding employer.

It's not right that you should have to fight for your pension when you cannot possibly return toyour old job, hope your union sorts it out for you.

What happened overnight?  Did someonepress a button or throw a switch?  Suddenly this morning I am able to walk without sticks - just been to my physio session, and he was amazed too.  cheesygrin

• Posted

Thats great Graham the new one is obviously working properly. Dont forget to take your own advice and take it steady. You dont want to be the first triple revision.
    • Posted

Well I am likely to be a double revision - so 3 operations on the same hip - before the year is out !!!!
    • Posted

3 ops in a year - world record?

buy you 3 pints if youre ever down in Devon, maybe of local cider too.

All the best

Mic

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.