Rocketman

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hey Rocketman, just given Eammon Holmes a heads up about your web page and a link to the forum - wonder if he'll pay us a visit?

Eammon Holmes (for our friends overseas) is a TV presenter who is just about to have a double hip replacement.

5 likes, 46 replies

46 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

So this is what we looked like just after the operation ...
    • Posted

My son actually took a picture of me on his phone just after the op - I hope he deleted it if it's like that one.
    • Posted

My sister was so proud that i was on crutches and walking the day after she took a picture and put it on Facebook so every one knew i was ok.

Went back to work today, only 10-3 for now, after so long  it was hard, felt like a newbie.

suexx

• Posted

He looks A LOT better than I did, that is for sure!!! Where is the birds nest hair? Where are the morphine rings around the eyes? I can't even look at my photos on my husband's iphone smile 
    • Posted

Are you even talking to your sister yet?? ON facebook the day after.....that is so MEAN!!!! I hope she did your hair and make up before hand? 
    • Posted

I was more bothered about the most gorgeous guy who was my physio carrying my cathether bag.

suexx

• Posted

Oh Sue 😳 it was hard for me to keep any sense of dignity on first day after the op, attempting to walk for the first time with catheter bag, leg drain bag and still wearing the backless hospital gown!  

My physio was female but there was a gorgeous male nurse who when I tried to walk said "just like a gazelle" - bless, more like a wonky donkey!!

Linnet x

• Posted

Oh Linnet, you made me laugh there - and remember I also had that wonderful experience both times, with some lovely young female physios and nurses !!!!!

Graham - 🚀💃

• Posted

Hi, I noticed that Eamonn had his operation on Thursday. I too had both of mine dine on Thursday at a private hospital in Cyprus.I am a similar age to him, 8 months older and was wondering how he was doing. All has gone well for me but I know the recovery will be longer and harder without one of my own joints. I was hoping that i may find Eamonn on here and we could swap notes!
    • Posted

I am sure EH is busy making sure the other newsreaders are doing a good job on sky in the mornings!! smile Certainly we miss him!!! 

I saw a photo posted on line, he looks super well and has lost lots of weight! (something I didn't manage!) and is on crutches already, so clearly really managing well. I am kind of glad he wasn't beaming at the camera, making it look TOO easy which would have been annoying for all of us who looked like hell on legs, it was an honest and lovely picture.

I hope you are recovering well Judy! A big well done for getting both done no small achievement I can tell you after just having one.

How do you walk? Or use the loo? I am intrigued as I use my good leg for everything pretty much.

Anyway hope you are being well looked after x

• Posted

Echo all your comments regarding EH, and Judy there Rose.

I am in awe of people having both done, having had just the one done (but with revision just 10 weeks later ... eek!).

How you ladies keep a household together in the way you do too, cooking, cleaning etc is inspiring.

I am told by my private phisio today that walking with a limp IS BAD.  She recommends two sticks, or better two shock-absorbing walking poles, adjusted to the right height.  

She has started the process of sorting out my shoulder damage from walking too hard and far with just one stick.

Must get on with the website - so much more information to put in to help everyone that is coming up behind us into the 'hippie club'.

Graham - 🚀💃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.