Rough Skin On Palm

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello. 

I've had a small patch of rough skin appear on my right palm on and off for a few months now. I applied over the counter cortistone which would get rid of it but it always returns after a few days. 

Here is a picture. Any idea what this is, what is causing it? How to get rid of it? Thanks. 

http://i.imgur.com/y0sZupH.png

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It looks like small warts to me, but I may be wrong. Ask the pharmacist they are always very helpful.
  • Posted

I have very similar rash on my pinky and went to dr. He told me that it's a viral infection that if left untreated, like mine was, it will start to attack the nerves and requires an antibiotic. Not sure if yours is for sure the same thing but it really looks very very similar.
    • Posted

Warts are caused by the human papilloma virus (HPV), which makes sense. Treating them with an antibiotic would not work as antibiotics have no effect on viruses only bacteria. I am amazed that your doctor did not know that. Perhaps that is why we are having the problems we have with antibiotics that no longer work. Anti virals are used for viruses, although I don't thing they would be used in this case. There are various ways of getting rid of warts, such as freezing them off. They may just disappear, but that could take a couple of years? 
  • Posted

The bumps are less visible in general. I snapped this pic in the morning where it seems to flare up when it comes in contact with my facewash. Otherwise it looks more like white-ish rough skin.
    • Posted

If they don't bother you I should leave it. I have had small white lumps over the years. Some I had burnt off and others I left them and they went away eventually. You could always ask your pharmacist for advice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.