Sadness

Posted , 17 users are following.

There are days when an overwhelming sadness will take hold of me. I don't know why. It is as physical as it is mental. I am slower. My brain is foggier. Tears will well up out of nowhere. I have had these 'episodes' before so I know they pass. I am in the midst of one now. Does anyone else experience times like this?

3 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I too have days of sadness but sadness that I never met my partner before' I met him when I was 50 I am now 52 I used to be a lot worse when I first met him crying all the time

• Posted

Yes.. This morning when I woke up and laying in bed I felt sadness and teared up. Then once I got up and going I was fine. But still I am getting older and not moving quickly. My shoulder is achy which is freaking me out on all the 'what if's'-- just something else to take care of!! I know I need to exercise MORE like I used too and it goes on and on and on. But I need to remind myself to take care of me.. Drinking more water, making healthier food choices, remembering to take my supplements ... Yep, it sucks getting older-- I find myself getting more sensitive too by other people comments...

• Posted

Hi Kelly i to have the painful shoulders just now and my health anxiety is awful my mind wonders to the worst case , what if .... thank goodness for this forum .

• Edited

YES, I wake up weepy EVERY day.

I am 56. I actually just got a period after not having one for close to a year!

I have had just about every symptom of perimenopause possible.

This is prob the hardest. I do not want to do anything. I am sad.

I am also suffering from empty nest syndrome.

I like the evenings so I can go to bed, but have dread for the morning.

• Posted

me too . to dread the next day is sad in itself but have tried so many things. what is this sadness all about i wonder and how do u get out of it debi

• Posted

yes , I Feel the same way. IT IS OVERWHELMING Some days. I do not want to get out of bed. Then it passes and I have energy again. Its really hard. I completely get it. I tried walking and exercise but some days are really hard.

Patricia

• Posted

Kim, I get this all the time. Out of no where, I have the urge to cry and feel so sad. Brain fog overwhelming and feel slow too. Scares me too. I call them brain spells cause I feel like my brain freezes up and mu whole body feels goofy like I feel uncoordinated (legs feel heavy and like jelly like their not connected to my body). Menopause sucks!

• Posted

yes i do as well, what helped me is hrt. are you taking anything?

• Edited

Hi Kim....at times the sadness can be indescribable. You are not alone....and it does pass. christmas a year ago, id lost my cousin and my precious tom cat of 8 years 6 months previous. i will never forget that christmas. crying like ive never known. grief and memo....awful but also other times i felt so sad with no joy or nothing to live for. But im coming out the other side and it does get better. just go with it and keep talking about it and if you need to see a doctor...go see one. put yourself first...being kind to you...our bodies and minds are transitioning. So hang tight and keep checking in here. you are not alone. CK

• Edited

Hello Kim,

I know all too well this sadness that you speak of and experience the exact symptoms as you describe.I have often wondered if other women experience this sadness. It's like you stated, overwhelming, comes from out of the blue. It's as if a heaviness sets down on me and I just become so sad, really hard to explain unless you have ever experienced it. I had told my Mom a couple of days ago it's like having the boo hoos that are simply out of control. The nearest thing I can compare it to would be a very bad case of homesickness. I never know when this will hit me and like you said it will pass, but will always return. Praying how soon it leaves to never return. GOD Bless

• Posted

That describes it perfectly, a very bad case of homesickness!

• Posted

Yesss!!! I too, am in the midst of one now. And worrying about it makes it worse, so i try to talk myself out of my doldrums, knowing , as you say, it will pass. But each time it hits it feels like something new.

Hugs, big hugs, ...

• Posted

So glad I found this post. I am SO depressed. I don't even recognise myself now. From a driven, practical and capable person to a blubbering wreck.

• Posted

This is such a hard thing to explain to anyone. The only way to understand is if you have experienced it. I noticed this was one of my first symptoms with perimenopause and I have to say I still deal with it post menopause. Some days will not be as bad as others, but it is very rarely that I get through an entire day without tears. This feeling of homesickness and heavy sadness just comes upon me from nowhere. It is a different feeling for sure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.