Scabies in scalp, please help

Posted , 5 users are following.

does anyone have an ideas on how to remove scabies from the scalp. doctors swear they don't go to the scalp but i have crawling sensations 24/7 and my scalp itches right after a fresh wash.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Edited

hello , permetherin cream worked for me along with neem oil , & clove oil extract

leave the permetherin cream in hair for a good while until recommended then wash it off thst should kill them and their eggs

id go ahead and put it on yiur whole body just to b safe incase they moved around

id also avoid wearing hats that can harbor them without cleaning them first as well as clothes and linen

it also can take up to 4-6 weeks for the severe itching to stop until your body clears them away after theyve been killed

• Edited

i have lots of hair. do you think it would be beneficial to mix the 10% permethrin with conditioner and leave in for 8 hours?

• Posted

make your own benzyl benzoate w recipe from maxim impulse do not get in your eyes wrap hair in clear wrap to sleep. you can also mix 10% perm with shampoo or condtioner and water 50-50 add to dry hair always for both treatmentsWrap hair over night do this several times a week

• Posted

hi Lon, did you completely get rid of them with perm? how long did it take and how did you know they were gone? thank you

• Posted

Julie, have you used benzyl benzoate? If so, was it effective. I am thinking of ordering at it seems to be the most effective thing at killing these buggers.

• Edited

yes it completely got rid of them for me and my family , it was an absolute nightmare for a month or so , but yes with the 10% perm cream and 10% sulphur soap daily in the shower , neem oil , clove oil mix it with some lotion snd apply so your skin wont dry it took a few weeks until my skin cleared up until yiur skin clears itself of the bugs which can take a month almost, also its importsnt to follow up a week or so after with anither round of permethrrin cream to kill any eggs thst may have survived because theyre harder to kill. with alot of faith and patience it can be done! May God bless and heal you all

• Posted

i wouldnt mix it thst would just dilute it more its probably pricey but id soak your scalp down to yiyr roots with it and let is sit and do its thing thst way you wont risk it being too diluted

also 10% sulphur soap does wonders i used to use it every day in the shower soak my body fr a minute or so. it dries your skin but yiu can use lotion. i would mix the lotion sith some clove oil and neem oil i think , thst was very anti parasitic. after a few weeks of this i wss completely cleared and could finally go back to a normal life lol

• Posted

the 10% perm had to be mixed w water only because its so thick it will not reach scalp. i think the BB worked better but both work. you may want to alternate using both methods .

• Posted

Julie,

do you need to use maxims bb recipe exactly, or can you buy the bb and mix that with lotion for your skin?

• Posted

im not sure how it mixes w lotion try to the ingredients on Amazon or ebay or instead the Killitch is a great product instead but the Killitch comes from overseas and may take 2 weeks use the Perm w a little shampoo and water for now and order the other in meantime

• Posted

I'm currently using pymethrin to wash my hair - it feels so much better already. Some lice shampoos have it like Nix and it's cheaper if you get the dog flea ones like Adams flea shampoo. They both have same ingredients and I feel so much better as far as itching goes. I've taken my 1st dose of Ivermectin yesterday but the shampoo helps until that kicks in which could be a week. I put the shampoo on my head and let it sit for 10min and then wash out.

• Posted

I'm feeling some relief but not as much as I would like. I'm hoping after the 2nd dose of Ivermectin it might be better. Thanks for the tips on the shampoo- I'm going to try them!

• Edited

I'm currently using pymethrin to wash my hair - it feels so much better already. Some lice shampoos have it like Nix and it's cheaper if you get the dog flea ones like Adams flea shampoo. They both have same ingredients and I feel so much better as far as itching goes. I've taken my 1st dose of Ivermectin yesterday but the shampoo helps until that kicks in which could be a week. I put the shampoo on my head and let it sit for 10min and then wash out.

• Posted

The adams shampoo and the lice shampoo do not have enough permeth in them. you need at least 5% and to leave on for 8 to 14 hours. mix the 10% perm with small amount of shampoo and 50:50 water and add to DRY hair. wrap hair in plastic food wrap to sleep. do this 2-3 days a week until cured.

• Posted

i have done this method a couple of times ans felt some relief. i have also started using Tsal shampoo and keep in my head the entire day with a plastic cap and i sometimes used tea tree oil shampoo. it helps until i rinse out and then my hair itches again. i have a virtual visit with a derm on thursday and i hope she is helpful. ive gone through 6 tubes of rx permethrin and 1 dose of ivermectin with no avail. i also developed a mild case of eczema. i went to the ER last week and was told i have bumps but it looks like acne not scabies. so now im wondering why am i always itchy and getting crawling sensations. could it be scabies or an under lying health issue?...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.