Scared

Posted , 8 users are following.

I went to the doctors yesterday a day he gave me matz and tbh I'm really scared. I'm already overweight and don't really want or need to gain anymore! I have 3 children 6 5 and 8 months.

I'm scared that they are going to make me sleep like I'm "dead" and I won't hear any of them!!

The doc gave me 15 but I've decided to take 7.5 because of the kids. I took it about 40 min ago so gonna lay here and get some sleep.

Maybe I've read too much on here and I'm being defeatist before I've even begun.

Well wish me luck.

Night all

Xx

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

This is my second time round taking Mirt. The first time I didn't know about the potential weight gain and thus I did nothing to counter it and gained a few pounds. This time around I find I am able to not cave in to the carbs or sweets. Just try to be aware of the food that you are eating. When you think you're hunger take a glass of water and see if it passes.

Why have you decided to take half of your prescription? In my experience I get a good sleep but I am certainly not so knocked out that I don't hear my dog bark or the alarm go off in the morning. Currently on 15mg.

Hope you get a good nights sleep Dogshead. Try not to over think things. (Wish I could follow my own advice biggrin

• Posted

Thank you for reading my post.

I decided to take half as my 8 month old is teething and has been waking in the night and from what I've read on hear it can knock u out. The doc said that too.. which is why I'm surprised he gave it to me.

I'm going to take half again tonight and see how I go and possibly take a while one Friday night.

I like my evenings as it's quiet time when the kids are in bed. Worried I won't be able to have that and take a whole dose. Xxx

• Posted

Hopefully you will have fallen asleep? Mirt is (I believe) used to help you sleep. I found that it does for me. If you have concerns, may be have another chat with your GP? Explain your concerns about having a young family?

Good luck

• Posted

Thank you. I'm going to try for a few days and hopefully take a whole tablet Friday night. I'm I'm over groggy then I will definitely talk to him.

It weird because I have a husband and he doesn't understand but you guys do!

Xx

• Posted

Sometimes people come together through different circumstances but with things in common. Its helpful to share experiences and let's others know that they are not going through things alone.

Hope you are managing to get some sleep?

Best wishes x

• Posted

i'm sure that in the morning you'll feel like a zombie, and the effects will linger for most of the day, but will gradually lessen within the first week. Don't worry about weight gain - it's all in the mind. if you're like i was then the nausea will give you something else to think about. make sure you've got some anti-sickness tablets handy. i hope this has put your mind at rest

• Posted

The weight gain due to mirtazapine is NOT in the mind. You need fewer calories each day to maintain your weight than you do without mirt. It also gives people the munchies and so the weight gain is two pronged.

OP, this is the worst AD for weight gain and is also very difficult to get off once you are establlished on it. It does work well for sleep and is a fast acting and effective antidepressant.

• Posted

Not had any sickness but had the gammy mouth! Drank like a fish today haha. Now I know about the weight gain I'm going to try and eat healthy and take the dog out for more walks 😀 xx

• Posted

what was the reason for the prescription? is it for sleep, anxiety, or depression?
    • Posted

He told me that I'm clinically depressed and gave me these. I do wake in the night but not to see to the kids. I think my sleep is OK tbh xxx

• Posted

I would try7.5 mg for a wile. It will help for sleep. Maybe if you get enough sleep you won't be depressed and you don't need higher those. Mirtazapine 15 mg is a lowest therapeutics dose for depression 

7.5mg  just for sleeping. But I'm not a doctor. I take mirtazapine for sleep. Only 3 mg and is helping me.

good lock

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.