Seeking advice about hydrocele surgery in the US.....willing to pay pal anyone for advice...

Posted , 3 users are following.

trying to find the best surgeon and the least invasive surgery....I understand laser is effective and less scarring....i also understand aspiration and sclerosing might be curative....but I cant find any discussion of these procedures anywhere....is there a better forum somewhere? is there a surgeon anywhere in the world that specializes in this surgery????please help....there is hardly any activity here

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hey man, so i just had a Hydrocelectomy exactly 3 weeks ago. This is the most recommended procedure out of any you will hear about because it has lower chances of the hydrocele to come back.

Not all urologist would do it but my recommendation to you is do what I did and search for one until you find it. Most urologists would recommend you to one who can do the procedure. I know it sounds scary but it is not as scary as many think.

• Edited

Find a surgeon that is willing to work with you if things go south. As someone who had two fast, recurrent very painful secondary and tertiary hceles, I regret having surgery to begin with. Wish I tried sclerotherapy first, but hard to find folks who did that first to testify and share experience. But I found a lot of studies on Pub Med suggesting high rate of success as underutilized method. Hydrocelectomy is advertised as a definitive solution but that is a lie. Inverted sack can swell, loculate and produce fluid again, I had two with two surgeries with different surgeons, and now afraid that third one would fail too. If you do proceed with surgery I'd personally ask/consult to remove all, every little bit of the tissue and not invert and stich anything. Surgery itself and incision scar is no big deal, something you forget quickly. Scar barely visible after two months, and post op pain lasts few days, and another week or three to rest. I didn't need meds after few days at all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.