seriously worried about brain tumour due to vertigo and other symptoms. Please help.

Posted , 8 users are following.

I'm having my MRI scan tomorrow and I'm terrified they're going to diagnose me with a brain tumour. 

I posted here a month or so ago regarding my initial worry with what I believe to be vestibular neuritis or vestibular migraine, and then a month after that I got BPPV symptoms.

A month after that BPPV I got another episode, so it seems I'm having the episodes monthly - this is the second BPPV episode I've had.

The symptoms usually last for several days and just come on randomly.

Once it's been set off, tilting head back or upwards causes the vertigo to start up, and also after being asleep and getting out of bed in the morning sets it off.

I've also been going through immense depression and anxiety.

I have major tight chest symptoms and fast heartbeat that just comes on, along with just feeling total apathy at times and numbness, as is associated with depression.

I also have eye strain despite wearing glasses.

I also find my concentration to be low, another depression symptom.

I've been endlessly researching about brain tumours and found that nearly all of the symptoms including depression can be linked to brain tumour, and I feel sick to my stomach.

Any advice? 

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

that sounds like "normal" BPPV but let us know about the brain scan.  here's hoping for the best, and love to you!

Donna

• Posted

depression can be part of BPPV.  I sent a link for info and that post has to be moderated because of the link.
    • Posted

Definitely! Depression and anxiety tend to go hand in hand with vestibular disorders. I mean, who can blame us?? It's scary!!

I'm sure your MRI will turn out fine! Let us know!

• Posted

There is no brain tumor ! definatly no brain tumor or brain issue at all belive me .theis has nothing to do with your brain and i will wait for you tomorrow to know the result which will come back normal .good luck
  • Posted

Hopefully it's explainable, then. Thank you all.

ive just stressed myself to no end researching.

i found multiple people who had been misdiagnosed with various vertigo types and it ended up being a tumor, which is why I'm worrying so much.

• Posted

I am happy that you are getting an MRI tomorrow. It will give you peace of mind. My heart beats fast too and it causes a lot of stress. Do you take medicine for it? I take a blood pressure medication and it slows my hearts down depending on the day but 20 to 50 beats a minute. Stress, anxiety and depression come along with not being healthy. It can really bring you down. I will be praying for your MRI to come back perfect. I had the same thoughts when I first got dizzy. I thought for sure I had a brain tumor. I didn't and so many people on this site too have come back with good MRI results.

• Posted

Thanks for the reassurance. Hopefully all will be okay. And yeah, agreed on that point 
  • Posted

just finished the scan. Took 20 minuets, they said I have to ring them for the results in 7 to 10 days.

id like to take reassurance in the fact that they'd tell me now if there was anything really serious, but I don't think that's how it works.

nows when the real anxiety sets in, I guess.

• Posted

Trust me it will be clear . I have a severe symptons which dont allow me to walk

I have to lean on someone while walking although the mri was clear.

• Posted

Let us know when the results come in. Try your best to stay calm. I know it is super hard. God bless you!
  • Posted

Thanks for the replies and info everyone; much appricated.

had the MRI, and they said I have to wait 7 to 10 days and then ring them.

it's been 3 days since I had the scan now and anxiety is very high sad 

thanks for the concern!

• Posted

Oops, thought my previous message hadnt gone through!
    • Posted

Hello .. how u doing ...hope u doing well now .. 

I'm just curious 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.