seriously worried about brain tumour due to vertigo and other symptoms. Please help.

Posted , 8 users are following.

I'm having my MRI scan tomorrow and I'm terrified they're going to diagnose me with a brain tumour. 

I posted here a month or so ago regarding my initial worry with what I believe to be vestibular neuritis or vestibular migraine, and then a month after that I got BPPV symptoms.

A month after that BPPV I got another episode, so it seems I'm having the episodes monthly - this is the second BPPV episode I've had.

The symptoms usually last for several days and just come on randomly.

Once it's been set off, tilting head back or upwards causes the vertigo to start up, and also after being asleep and getting out of bed in the morning sets it off.

I've also been going through immense depression and anxiety.

I have major tight chest symptoms and fast heartbeat that just comes on, along with just feeling total apathy at times and numbness, as is associated with depression.

I also have eye strain despite wearing glasses.

I also find my concentration to be low, another depression symptom.

I've been endlessly researching about brain tumours and found that nearly all of the symptoms including depression can be linked to brain tumour, and I feel sick to my stomach.

Any advice? 

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

did you ever get results. Im in a similar situation and crazy worrying...
  • Posted

Hi! 

I had a similar problem. Did all the testing and everything came out OK. Initially doctor performed Epley's maneuver. Was fine for a week and then the symptoms came back again. I was given drugs which make u drowsy and was told  I have to take till the symptoms go away. After 2 weeks still had the problem.  

I googled and found the magic cure. Ginger.

I cut a very thin slice of ginger. After 15 mins I felt very very comfortable. Was able to walk without holding the walls. After 4 hours I was completely normal.

Now I take Ginger as a supplement or raw ginger 3 times a week. It has been 2 years since I had those symptoms

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.