Skip to content

Vertigo and Dizziness

Also known as Benign Postural Vertigo, Buccastem, Cyclizine, Dizziness, Labyrinthitis, Motion Sickness, Prochlorperazine, Stemetil, Vestibular Neuritis

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Does this sound like vertigo?

I was laying down under my truck replacing a part, trying to prop myself up when I felt a twinges in my neck then a spell of dizziness. It passed after I got up, but my health anxiety was through the roof, fearing it was a stroke in the making. This morning I woke up feeling dizzy if I moved my …

Last reply
  • Random positionnal-ish dizziness and random swaying-ish imbalance

Hello there! I seem to be a puzzle for doctors... Or maybe for myself. I'm a 32 years old woman with a VERY long history of HIGH anxiety... Like as long as I can remember. Always anxious of dying. I have been diagnosed psychotic although it may not be entirely true. I've spent my life …

Last reply
  • Lightheaded/dizzy

Hi For about six months I have had almost consent lightheadedness. It is hard described but I think some people would say brain fog. Some days are better than others. It hasn’t stopped me doing anything but it’s just making everyday a little bit harder and uncomfortable. I have been to the doctors 3 …

Last reply
  • BPPV how long does it normally last if untreated

HI!  I started having vertigo when I was 5, was given valium at er and sent home.  Had slight dizziness episode in middle school, do's (neurologist) ran several tests but found nothing.  Was going to go on chair to induce dizziness but dizziness went away so they decided to not …

Last reply
  • Lack of Balance, Memory, Awareness and Severe Brain Fog

Male, 23, Brown, non smoker, 5'6", 145 lbs, Canada I apologize for a long post, but I want to make sure I provide as many details as possible. For the past 3 months I've been feeling strange. It all started with lightheadedness, a feeling of lack of balance and lots of agitation which …

Last reply
  • Am I going crazy?

Where to start..... about 3 years ago I had vertigo and it was horrible.... it hung around for like 2 weeks and slowly got better with time...   fast forward  about 1 year, I would randomly get lightheaded and it would be everyday and my vision would be weird at times.... I can even tell …

Last reply
  • Vertigo

Hi all — I’ve had vertigo for almost two years now. It started about every few months I’d have a one to two minute episode and then throw up a lot from the nausea. Then I would just feel “off” for a couple of days, then be back to normal. That happened once about every three or four months for the …

Last reply
  • rocking/swaying dizziness for over 2 months

Hey guys, so this is my story: My name is Brittany. I'm 28 years old and since the beginning of November I have been experiencing this chronic disabling rocking/swaying dizziness (over 2 months). I had gone on vacation with my friends and sister at the end of October to New York. I had also …

Last reply
  • Horrible after vng testing

So I had bang testing done this morning. Horrible is an easy way of explaining it.... But I felt ok prior to the test. My vertigo was much better. But since the test this morning it's back in full force. Dizzy, weakness, horrible nausea, and a headache. Has anyone else ever experienced this?

Last reply
  • Strange Cross-eyed Feeling causing Loss of Balance

For about the past 2 years I have suffered from a sudden feeling of visual imbalance or cross-eyed sensation (although not actually cross-eyed)! This in turn causes a type of vertigo involving loss of balance accompanied by nausea. This lasts for approx 10-15 minutes before my vision returns to …

Last reply
  • Dizziness every time I walk

Hey guys, for the past few days I’ve been experiencing dizziness whenever I walk. If I stand, sit, or lays down the feeling is lessen or gone. But when I started walking I feel like I’m walking on a water bed or clouds, a heavy feeling at the back of my head, can’t keep my balance, and my heart …

Last reply
  • I'm having some very unusual feelings similar to vertigo

Hey there. So, for about 7 months now, I've been to a couple ENTs, and 1 neurologist for dizziness. All have basically cleared me from that. I don't have an infection. I have been using 2 allergy nasal sprays, and antihistamine, and getting allergy shots because of bad allergiees. I just …

Last reply
  • Extreme Fatigue feeling and heavy head?

Hi all, I don't know whats up with me lately, I have dizziness pretty much all the time, my head feels very heavy and I keep getting these headaches. I also feel some nausea as well accompanied by all this and feel like I cannot think clearly. Anyone know what this could be? It seems to happen …

Last reply
  • Vestibular Neuritis- any recovery stories?

Hi, new poster here. Have been suffering with VN for 10 weeks. I was initially diagnosed with a gastro virus due to my main symptoms being dizziness, nausea and diarrhoea but after seeking private ENT consultant I was diagnosed with Vestibular neuronitis. I secretly suspected it was this but think …

Last reply
  • Dizziness, imbalance, now tremors.

Hi, I've been suffering from constant dizziness, imbalance and a general sense of "floatiness" since Apr 2015. I've had seen doctors at ENT, Neuro, Cardio, Sleep Clinic and done a bunch of tests (blood/thryoid, brain MRI, neck ultrasound, sleep apnea test, VNG, hearing, ear …

Last reply
  • Feeling dizzy after running for less than a minute

I’ve been getting dizzy a lot lately but I don’t know why. My head feels like it’s “detached” from my body. It also feels like my head is spinning every time I look around or move my head. I don’t see anything spin, it just feels like it. I also noticed that both of my legs feel like they aren’t …

Posted
  • Neck Lump - somebody please reply?!!

In June last year I suddenly came down with a pretty severe case of dizzyness/loss of equilibrium. At its woes it lasted about a month, I steadily improved over time but couldn't work for 9 months. I'm back to work but still don't feel 'right' At the time I was diagnosed with …

Last reply
  • Dizzy when walking in dark and seeing spots.

Hi everyone. Just to start off with I do get vertigo and but what I'll be explaining is something a bit different. I noticed this about 4 weeks ago as I normally dont walk around the house in the dark but I was spending the night at a friends and we had walked through her garage and into her …

Posted
  • Blocked ear due to anxiety

I wrote on hear a few weeks back. I explained that I was suffering from a blocked ear, I was using steroid nose spray all the time to unblock it and I was suffering from dizziness, reduced vision sometimes in one eye, foggy mind and anxiety. It turns out the ear problem was a symptom of anxiety. I …

Last reply
  • BPPV in a 7-year old?

Sorry this is long, but I figured details are often good for context... 2 years ago, an ENT in Mexico diagnosed my son with BPPV (he was 7 years old at the time). Interestingly, the ENT had suffered from BPPV as well since the age of 18. My son was vomiting several times a day and couldn't …

Last reply
  • Weird lightheaded sensation

Hi all, lately I’ve been having frequent episodes of having a sort of indescribable feeling of being lightheaded and not fully focused. It might be a weird way to describe it but I feel like I’m seeing the world from the back of my head, not fully engaged in what’s happening. My head feels clouded. …

Last reply
  • dizziness - Vertigo - Vestibular Neuritis

hi, I am feeling dizzy for last three days and went to see a ENT doct. She said it could be Vestibular neuritis as i was feeling more dizzy when i lie down on my right and it is normal on my left. Also i feel a little imbalance sometimes during walk. Also feel like head shaking a little while …

Last reply
  • Vestibular issues caused by memory foam mattress?

I was wondering if anyone else has started experiencing these vestibular issues since buying a memory foam mattress?  Seems coincidental that weeks after my mom purchased this type of mattress, her vertigo started. I purchased same mattress and then shortly after, I began to experience …

Last reply
  • Still feeling the waves after kayaking and dock

Hello all, Recently I went in a cottage with friends. The cottage was at the border of a lake, with a dock and kayaks and stuff. I’ve always had problems with motion sickness, especially with boats, floating docks, elevators, helicopters, etc. No problems with cars and I never took the airplane. …

Last reply
  • Suffering with dizziness and tight head and neck problem

Hi All,  My symptoms started June 2017. It was fasting month. I break the fast prayed I was sitting on the chair I went to grab something from the floor and that is it i felt dizzy, pressures in my body and my family called ambulance for me I thought am dying. It comes out is a panick attack …

Last reply
  • Bppv / vestibular migraines/ sinusitus

Need to know if I'm the only one? Was diagnosed last year with BPPV second referral was diagnosed with Vestibular Migraines. I had a severe vertigo attack on Saturda that lasted up until now. However each day is getting better. My sinus has been really hurting me at the same time of the vertigo …

Last reply
  • Do I have BPPV, allergies or MD? Please help

Hi I’m a 20 year old female and I had my first episode of vertigo one year ago around spring after waking up in the morning. It lasted about 10 seconds and I had diarrehea and vomiting afterwards. I went to a walk in clinic the same day and they said I probably just had BPPV. I didn’t think much of …

Last reply
  • Constant Rocking/Imbalance - Thinking the Worst

Hi All, This is kind of long, but it's becoming unbearable and I just need to know if anyone has any insight they can give me.  This all started early Feb. 2015, I had been feeling a little under the weather for a few days, but didn't think much of it. I went to bed one night and …

Last reply
  • Is This BPPV?

Hello. My name is Josh and I am 41 years old. For the past couple of years or so I have bouts of what I would call off balance/unsteadiness when I have been standing or walking. It happens when I move my head up or down or left to right. Almost feels like I am on a boat for a second. Each " …

Last reply
  • I get immediate relief from constant dizziness by chewing gum

I've been suffering with a form of dizziness which started quite innocuously but has gradually become very fierce and debilitating. I'd describe it as an intense headrush, like an exaggerated sense of movement, predominantly while I'm moving around, although as it's progressed I' …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.