Skip to content
Ad

Vertigo and Dizziness

Also known as Benign Postural Vertigo, Buccastem, Dizziness, Labyrinthitis, Motion Sickness, Prochlorperazine, Stemetil, Vestibular Neuritis

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Useful Resources

Below is a list of useful resources concerning vertigo, dizziness and vestibular disorders. Some of the Patient articles are also linked on every discussion page under Related information in the right sidebar. Patient leaflets: https://patient.info/health/dizziness https://patient.info/health/labyrinthitis-and-vestibular-neuritis-leaflet...

Last reply
  • Responding back

Yeah she had did a X-ray on my neck already she said that I had artistis at the top of my neck that's connected to the back of my head and muscle spasms across the top of my shoulders and lord knows I have been freaking out cause I'm constantly dizzy I can't do anything without getting real...

Last reply
  • Can someone help me I’m only 15

Hi everyone before I start I want to thank you kind people for reading this, and anyways let’s move on. Hey I’m 15 and a boy and there is NO family health issues at all! So yesterday this was midday I was sitting up on my bed and I started to go a bit lightheaded I wasn’t dizzy I was just lightheaded....

Last reply
  • Went to the GP but..

Hi all! So about a week ago I started feeling lightheaded. This was accompanied with a few heart palpitations. I was worried because that never happened to me before and I visited the hospital where I had an ecg, blood pressure and stethoscope testing. Everything was clear. I went to the gp and explained...

Last reply
  • Why is my husband getting dizziness all of a sudden?

Hi, Can anyone advise please? For three days my husband has been feeling giddy, he has to hold onto something when he walks otherwise he looks likes he's had a few. He's been sick once with it. He's been to GP who examined him and told him his BP was a bit high but when we got home his BzP...

Last reply
  • Vertigo and tight neck muscles

A few weeks ago my neck muscles became tight for no obvious reason. I didnt think anything of it and though it would just go away but it got worse and upper back muscles became tight also. A few weeks of this and suddenly one day when I laid on my back to do some physio on my neck everything started...

Last reply
  • Residual BPPV continues...

I wrote a post some time ago about my residual BPPV symptoms. I have gotten better but recently I am experiencing some weird slight nastagmus when turning my head left or right or looking down. Does not happen all the time but really does not feel good. I am getting anxiety about this whole BPPV experience...

Last reply
  • Help please

I’m 16 years old, I’ve had a headache and dizziness everyday since 2015, the doctors are telling me that I’m fine and it’s juts tension headaches but I’m something is wrong. I always feel as if I’m going to fall and I currently have no social life becwuse I’m scared wherever I go I’ll get dizzy. Currently...

Last reply
  • Blocked ear due to anxiety

I wrote on hear a few weeks back. I explained that I was suffering from a blocked ear, I was using steroid nose spray all the time to unblock it and I was suffering from dizziness, reduced vision sometimes in one eye, foggy mind and anxiety. It turns out the ear problem was a symptom of anxiety. I cannot...

Last reply
  • Labyrinthitis - "brain shifts"??

Okay this is week 5, my first ever experience of vestibular problems. It started in horrendous fashion - I was swimming om my back and suddenly thought I was having a stroke. The most frightening experience of my life, and quite frankly I'm still traumatised by it. Still haven't managed to summon...

Last reply
  • Dizziness for months, doctors have no idea what’s going on

I’ve been experiencing dizziness (disequilibrium) for 5 months now, since I was about 30 weeks pregnant. It is not a feeling of the room spinning, but more just feeling “off”, a feeling of brain fog and confusion and like my vision is distorted with a dizzy feeling in my head.  Seems to be worse...

Last reply
  • Lightheaded, feeling faint, head pressure, sore eyes

Hi, I've been feeling lightheaded and faint for almost 10 months now. Each day I wake up with this shaky sensation and a tremor in my hands especially and back or head, I feel unsteady and lightheaded when I look at things.. especially on a computer, I get eye strain and various floaters too. With...

Last reply
  • I have been lightheaded and ears ringing for one year now

I started having symptoms a year ago. I was driving and all of a sudden I thought I was having a stroke. My vision went blurry, my ears started ringing and I got so dizzy I had to pull off the road. To this day, it has not gone away and has gotten worse. I have pressure in my ears, like they are full...

Last reply
  • Had mild dizziness come about last few days on and off. Causes?

Hello Everyone,  I am new to the forum here. I am 26 male, never smoked, never drinked, eat healthy for the most part, run 3-4 times a week.  I also am a hypochondriac too Sometimes I get a sense of being dizzy-off balanced but it’s mild.  I’ve had this feeling before and it usually goes...

Last reply
  • Help me! I can't sleep from my dizziness problems and am losing hope

Hi there, I am new to this community and hoping that someone can help me. I am a 27yo female and first got vestibular neuritis at the age of 17 (2007). This was debilitating couple of weeks, after which the severe symptoms subsided and I was left feeling like I was on a boat. I did vestibular rehab...

Last reply
  • Cervical vertigo

Recently, I finally got into a P.T. For what I thought was BPPV. During my visit she couldn't find any traditional symptoms to support that. She had me doing other tests involving my neck. Low and behold the light went on. I've been suffering a lot of issues due to my neck. Now since doing exercises...

Last reply
  • Psychogenic vertigo/vertigo with anxiety cause

Hi guys, I can see from your posts that most of you feel that anxiety exacerbates vertigo, but is not the cause. I have had fairly severe vertigo for about six months now. It starts with double vision, then jumping eyes/nystagmus where the world is rapidly moving downwards - like a sideways film reel,...

Last reply
  • dizziness, headaches, vision problems - help!

This is my first post, I've never used a website like this before, I really feel like I need some help and advice. I have read a few discussions on here but would really like some feedback of my own. For the past 8 months I have been suffering from dizziness, slow going at first and was manageable,...

Last reply
  • Prednisone

I was diagnosed with Labyrinthitis, the doctor gave me z pak and prednisone the last time, I took the pak but not the prednisone. The antibiotic seemed to work a little bit but then came back. I went back today and he told me in order to have the antibiotics work that I had to take the steroid. I am...

Last reply
  • Dizziness, headaches, foggy, pressure in head & plugged ears

It's happening again, everyday it's the same thing and I don't know how to calm myself down. I think when ever I get these feeling I am going to pass out and die instantly. The dizziness gets so bad I have to hold my head and close my eyes I don't understand it. I always think I'm...

Last reply
  • Anyone have both BPPV & Vestibular Migraine?

some I know will disagree with me regarding that I think I have 2 types of dizziness. I get spinning rotational vertigo when I have bppv. The vestibular migraine dizziness is not as intense eg can get up and move about. Where bppv lands me in bed. I can barely move my head. With vestibular migraine I...

Last reply
  • Extreme dizziness when walking.. Help

In January I was experiencing dizziness and I ended up blacking out. I went to the doctors and they couldn't find anything wrong so they jus put it down to vertigo. A few weeks ago I was laying in bed and felt this slow rush to my head. Then last week I got a rush to head when walking back to my...

Last reply
  • Anyone else with vertigo from recurrent herpes simplex 1?

On Valentines day, 2014, I got an illness where I both felt dizzy and then got an eruption on my chest and some small "pox" on face. The eruption looked and felt like shingles, except was getting vertigo. oddly, was also accompynaied by pain on bridge of nose and vertigo would be most likley...

Last reply
  • Neck pain, dizziness, light-headed...help!

Hello, The neckpain I have been experiencing for several years now (chiropractor helped but as of last year stopped helping my pain), the dizziness came on last fall and stopped me from going on my usual jogs. Then came the light headed feeling (yay, not!). I tried taking pain killers (Ibprofen), getting...

Last reply
  • Facial Numbness

About 9 days ago the LEFT side of my face started to get a partial numbness/tingling feeling to it. The very first I felt of it was on the lips and it spread to the cheek, ears, nose, neck and back of the head. All on the left side. There are times that I feel like it is gone, but it comes back and it's...

Posted
  • Need help...!!!

I have been diagnosed with Vertigo since 1st of January this year. I lost my balance two times that day. Them went to hospital been seen by the doctor. They done to me Eplye Monuvre. Since that Monuvre I have not lost my balance anymore. But since that day I have continuly tinitus, noises and pain in...

Last reply
  • Has anyone tried the Otovent Balloon

I am suffering from fulness of my right ear...My Ent consultant has prescribed the Otovent balloon....After 2 weeks of doing it  I am sure this is helping the pressure and the headaches that come along with it...Any comments please....

Last reply
  • Feeling off balance, Dizziness

I've been dealing with an off balance feeling for about 9 months now. I've gotten several tests done including audiologist test, Ct scan, blood work done, dentist, eye doctor. Everything comes back normal and doctors just keep saying it's anxiety. My symptoms include feeling off balance (like...

Last reply
  • Lightheaded,heavy head,feeling faint,internal tremor

For about 8/9 months I have been feeling lightheaded and moments I feel I will faint. I've had head pressures and headaches from this with sore achy eyes and various floaters in my eyes.  I also suffer from an internal tremor I notice when lying down or leaning against something, my head sort...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.