Skip to content
Ad

Vertigo and Dizziness

Also known as Benign Postural Vertigo, Buccastem, Dizziness, Labyrinthitis, Motion Sickness, Prochlorperazine, Stemetil, Vestibular Neuritis

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Useful Resources

Below is a list of useful resources concerning vertigo, dizziness and vestibular disorders. Some of the Patient articles are also linked on every discussion page under Related information in the right sidebar. Patient leaflets: https://patient.info/health/dizziness https://patient.info/health/labyrinthitis-and-vestibular-neuritis-leaflet...

Last reply
  • Please help

I fainted two weeks ago. Ive been under alot of stress and anxiety. Im pretty fit and healthy, i do weight lifting like 5-6 days a week.  I was rushed to the ER, checked everything like blood work, ECG, they told me I had low potassium then they gave me a pill and then I followed with my doctor...

Last reply
  • Weak neck/heavy head, dizzy/woozy feeling - any thoughts?

Hi all, I seem to be hopping across forums with greater regularity lately. I have had a bit of a rough year, being diagnosed with afib In Feb, lost my dad a few weeks later and I've now been baxk at work a couple of months. Anyway, Iver the years I've suffered with aches and pains in the back...

Last reply
  • Dizziness, headaches, foggy, pressure in head & plugged ears

It's happening again, everyday it's the same thing and I don't know how to calm myself down. I think when ever I get these feeling I am going to pass out and die instantly. The dizziness gets so bad I have to hold my head and close my eyes I don't understand it. I always think I'm...

Last reply
  • Neck Lump - somebody please reply?!!

In June last year I suddenly came down with a pretty severe case of dizzyness/loss of equilibrium. At its woes it lasted about a month, I steadily improved over time but couldn't work for 9 months. I'm back to work but still don't feel 'right' At the time I was diagnosed with labyrinthitus...

Last reply
  • Vestibular Migraines

I have been on this forum for a while now asking lots of questions and getting advice. What started off as a sudden onset of labrynthitis for a week and multiple episodes for 2 years has now turned into " vestibular migraines" have been back to consultant at hospital again this week as it...

Last reply
  • Post Labrynthitis. Will it ever go?

Hi. I was feeling perfectly Well, I had a shower, bent over to put towel around my hair. As I flipped my head back I stumbled and had awful dizziness. I went to out of hours doctors who said i had labrythitis. I w1as given tablets to help nausea and complete rest. I was signed off for 3 weeks in total,...

Last reply
  • Dental work complications?

I had my lower left molar removed a year and a half ago. It ended up being a complicated procedure because the dentist didn’t see the curved root ends. The procedure took almost four hours for the one tooth. Positive the dentist didn’t even look at the X-ray before hand.  I started experiencing...

Posted
  • 24/7 vertigo and headaches

Hi everyone, i thought i would share my story since my symptoms have persisted for a while now. A little over 6 weeks ago i had a sudden bout of dizziness before going to bed, it felt like i was drunk! The room was spinning and i couldnt control my body. After getting to sleep i woke up the next morning...

Posted
  • I have been lightheaded and ears ringing for one year now

I started having symptoms a year ago. I was driving and all of a sudden I thought I was having a stroke. My vision went blurry, my ears started ringing and I got so dizzy I had to pull off the road. To this day, it has not gone away and has gotten worse. I have pressure in my ears, like they are full...

Last reply
  • I have been feeling off balance from past 2 years now.

Okay so, it all started when i was out of town for a wedding, i was just standing then suddenly i felt there is heavy earthquake but i was the only one who was feeling that. That was the time it happened for the first time that with so much intense. I felt so dizzy, after that i could walk, run and i...

Posted
  • Lifetime of balance issues much worse for the last year.

This is my first ever forum post. I will try to keep a long story short. I am 51years old. The recent start of this story begins when I discovered that there is such a thing as labyrinthitis and vestibular disorders which can cause fatigue and cognitive issues. I was dealing with chronic fatigue...

Posted
  • Strange Cross-eyed Feeling causing Loss of Balance

For about the past 2 years I have suffered from a sudden feeling of visual imbalance or cross-eyed sensation (although not actually cross-eyed)! This in turn causes a type of vertigo involving loss of balance accompanied by nausea. This lasts for approx 10-15 minutes before my vision returns to normal....

Last reply
  • Vertigo dizziness sinuses

Like most if not all of you. Searching for answers. To begin I have always had stuffed sinuses. Oddly my nose runs as I eat anything but breakfast. I also have tinnitus, I suspect as result of long term noise exposure. These have been a constant. Then in 2009 I started feeling at times “off” Like I...

Last reply
  • Off balance feeling since having glandular fever.

Hi people Ive been posting in the mononucleosis forum. In June this year I caught glandular fever nasty nasty virus. So fatigued out of it aches chills you name it. A few days after I went back work and I sort of felt OK but then I had massive anxiety all the time completely feeling doomed. Then I started...

Posted
  • Symptoms post-labyrinthitis

Hi there, I am a very fit, self-confident 25-year old male who's enjoyed a wonderful 2017 both professionally and personally (this is relevant due to its relation to my stress levels prior to labyrinthitis). However, in early October I got an ear infection which resulted in, to quote my GP, "post-viral labyrinthitis"....

Last reply
  • Faint Feeling when Lying Down

I feel like I’m going pale or losing blood everytime I lay down. I would feel very off-balance. It makes going straight to bed very difficult and I usually keep myself awake until the syptoms pass. I’ve been diagnosed with hypertension, but medication has been doing a pretty good job. More or less....

Last reply
  • A pro-active approach

I've been suffering from persistent dizziness for over a year now, undiagnosed despite a battery of tests. I've browsed this forum before and read with interest many of the experiences others have had, and their words of support to each other. But I'm still suffering from this unexplained...

Last reply
  • Mav — really need some comfort

I have been diagnosed with vestibular migraine.  I’m now on my 2nd day of amiltriptaline.  I have had the rocking sensation now for 12 months.  I’m at my wits end.  Will this med work???  I need this to stop.  I’m in a really dark place at the moment and I need some light...

Posted
  • Prednisone??

Has anyone been given prednisone and did you like it? Went back to ENT today. Couldn't stop myself from crying and made a fool of myself, basically. He said its all allergies: the ringing in ear, the fullness, the vertigo attacks, etc. I don't see how this is right as I've had allergies...

Last reply
  • jlr jlr

Vestibular disorders are permanent yes?

As the title states, just wanting to be clarrified but this one question which keeps boggling me.  I'm a vestibular disorder sufferer, currently coming into 5 months of it. I'm still clinically undiagnosed but I've been told that it's possibly Migraine Associated Vertigo. Now I'm...

Last reply
  • Vertigo gone but still dizzy and inbalanced

I have hospitalized with high fever 15 days ago doctors thought I got a viral infection and the gave me antibiotics, they worked and went home for further recovery.5 days into my recovery I woke up in the middle of the night and I couldn't stand up from violent vertigo.that lasted 10-15 seconds.I...

Last reply
  • Will it ever end?

I am 37 years old and about four and a half weeks ago I began experiencing serious dizziness. I knew that this was not normal by any means yet I was not falling over or vomiting. I figured that it was just from me being stressed out or something. A day or two later I realized that it was not...

Last reply
  • Vestibular migraine: feeling all alone in this journey

I'm a 32 year old female who's been suffering with vertigo for the past 8 weeks. I've always been healthy but everything just changed early last month. During a short business trip in early Dec 2014, I first experienced symptoms of dizziness. I was standing...

Last reply
  • Hi

Ok so Ive been so stressed and anxious lately. I fainted 10 days ago and was taken to the ER, did blood work and EKG everything was normal. I did follow up with my doctor and did some blood and urine work and everything was normal. Ever since Ive been dizzy all say everyday, sometimes it seems like my...

Last reply
  • Strange Feeling in my Head

Hello. I'm new here and I have a problem that's been bothering me for few months now. It all started in June 2017, I was just standing outside and suddenly this feeling came. The problem is, I can't really describe it. It's not like I'm spinning, it doesn't make me unbalanced...

Last reply
  • Vertigo

i can’t lay on my back as I get really bad vertigo symptoms  this has gone on for a couple of years, I don’t get it at any other time.  I have very tight neck muscles, would physio help

Last reply
  • Vertigo and tight neck muscles

A few weeks ago my neck muscles became tight for no obvious reason. I didnt think anything of it and though it would just go away but it got worse and upper back muscles became tight also. A few weeks of this and suddenly one day when I laid on my back to do some physio on my neck everything started...

Last reply
  • dizziness walking problems,head pressure and lightheaded ?

so for the past 3 years I'm suffering this kind of illness! whenever I walk outside,malls etc I always feel like my balance is not right and I always feel lightheaded or dizzy. I went to alot of doctors before i think almost 10+ I done all test, Blood test,ecg,VGN,balance test manuever test almost...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.