Skip to content

Vertigo and Dizziness

Also known as Benign Postural Vertigo, Buccastem, Cyclizine, Dizziness, Labyrinthitis, Motion Sickness, Prochlorperazine, Stemetil, Vestibular Neuritis

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Useful Resources

Below is a list of useful resources concerning vertigo, dizziness and vestibular disorders. Some of the Patient articles are also linked on every discussion page under Related information in the right sidebar. Patient leaflets: https://patient.info/health/dizziness https://patient.info/health/labyrinthitis-and-vestibular-neuritis-leaflet...

Last reply
  • Wad told labs/nystagmus from viral cold...now told not it..ughh

Hello, my symptoms are Swaying back and forth Eye jitters (nystagmus) Eye swirling when woken up through night (sometimes) Brain fog Weak/shakiness Memory issues When walking sometimes, feel weird Bothers my driving (can see but looks weird, floating) Rarely headaches Feel crappy in morning and evening...

Last reply
  • Strange Cross-eyed Feeling causing Loss of Balance

For about the past 2 years I have suffered from a sudden feeling of visual imbalance or cross-eyed sensation (although not actually cross-eyed)! This in turn causes a type of vertigo involving loss of balance accompanied by nausea. This lasts for approx 10-15 minutes before my vision returns to normal....

Last reply
  • Dizziness wisdom teeth?

Hello I have been struggling with dizziness, fatigue and intermittent severe left-sided headaches for approx 10 months. I have a left side lymph node just behind jaw/under ear that is almost always swollen and persistent inflammation (improves and worsens on different days) in left ear, left tonsil and...

Last reply
  • Suffering from problem

Last more than 1year i have vertigo. My vertigo like when a person smoke in 1st time in life that sensation i feel when i have vertigo attack.it may long for minutes to hours. Problem going worse in crowded places. Problem to see moving object. I had MRI CT scan and ENG test. And other blood tests. But...

Last reply
  • 35 year old female with no health issues until...

I have always been a healthy individual.  No serious medical issues and once a year usually come down with a virus at most.  December 2017 suffered a miscarriage and had d and c.  Recovered fine. January got flu shot.  Feb got first period back and went to bed feeling dizzy.  Woke...

Last reply
  • Weak neck/heavy head, dizzy/woozy feeling - any thoughts?

Hi all, I seem to be hopping across forums with greater regularity lately. I have had a bit of a rough year, being diagnosed with afib In Feb, lost my dad a few weeks later and I've now been baxk at work a couple of months. Anyway, Iver the years I've suffered with aches and pains in the back...

Last reply
  • Labyrinthitis and Prochlorperazine Maleate

Hi there. I have been diagnosed with Labyrinthitis. It started with slight earache and feeling sick. I went to the doctors and they just said it was a viral infection and that it would go on its own. The earache subsided but I had a pounding headache for about three weeks. Then one day, whilst driving,...

Last reply
  • Help with swaying and dizziness .

Hi i wonder if someone here can help me with some advice . Here is my background  About 3/4 weeks ago I started with cold which developed in a bad cough that lasted a week. The day my cough finished I started to feel like I was on a boat . Like a swaying feeling. I just thought it would go away...

Last reply
  • Dizziness and bad balance 24/7

Hello. I have symptoms from more than half year ago. I have kind of dizziness, but its not like something is spinning. The best way to explain this dizziness is when I turn 180 fast and trying to focus with my eyes somewhere it feels like inside my head something still spinning and have some delay, need...

Last reply
  • Explaining vertigo/BPPV to others (it’s frustrating)

Does anyone else get frustrated in explaining vertigo to family and friends since they’ve never experienced it before?? I’ve had 3 episodes of vertigo (twice in 2016 and once in 2017). No one I know understands how traumatizing having vertigo is. And I get so mad trying to explain it to them. And they...

Last reply
  • Vitamin D deficiency and dizziness

My Vit D level was 42.2 and I am about to take my 2nd Vit D3 20000 tablet,but the dizziness I am experiencing is really bad,a lot things point to a B12 deficiency when dizziness is involved but my levels were ok when tested at 450. Can the dizziness be from the Vitamin D deficiency? Would love some reassurance...

Last reply
  • Dizziness vppb

Hi i have got very bad vertigo was wondering what any of you do yo try and stop the dizziness I can't stand this any more been 4 days now seems like it's gone then it comes back it's that back that it throws me across the sofa help please

Posted
  • I have near constant feeling of dizziness in my head

Hi All, For the last 1 1/2 years, I have been nearly dizzy light headed.  I am now 57 and I have had bad ear infections every 3-4 years since age 18. I have had mri's done and been to a neurologist but they keep telling me that I have vestibular migraines but I am not 100% convinced. I have...

Last reply
  • Hopeless

I’ve been suffering with severe brain fog dizziness anxiety for years I’ve done multiple test thyroid blood sugar blood cell count mri doctors keep telling me I’m fine and try to prescribe me anti depressants but I’m not depressed I wish I could feel normal I also have nail fungus and rosacea idk if...

Last reply
  • Constant off balance feeling and dizziness for 6 months

Hi I've been suffering with a off balance feeling for 6 months now its constantly there but gradually gets worse as the day goes on ...I've been doctors been checked for vertigo and ears checked all came back normal waiting on a mri scan as have tinnitus in one ear I get the occasional head ache...

Last reply
  • Horrible after vng testing

So I had bang testing done this morning. Horrible is an easy way of explaining it.... But I felt ok prior to the test. My vertigo was much better. But since the test this morning it's back in full force. Dizzy, weakness, horrible nausea, and a headache. Has anyone else ever experienced this?

Last reply
  • Very lengthy sorry!

since November 2016 I have had dizziness associated with muscle pain such as back aches, leg aches, aches in arms where my elbow is, extreme fatigue can only do so much before I have to stop and sleep, anxiety and depression. Since then I have had a few appointments (ENT, MRI) and blood tests that have...

Last reply
  • Week 4 With vertigo now

Hi. 3,5 weeks ago i wake up with room spinning.  Got back to sleep, same in the morning. No other symptom than vertigo/boat feeling.  Went to doctor, told bppv?, they did not see any eye movement. Epleys done, then it should go away. 1 week later still the same vertigo. Whent ent doc, he...

Last reply
  • Vertigo and tinnitus

Hello I'm new to this forum and have been diagnosed with vertigo, it started about 4 weeks ago, along with tinnitus. Luckily I do not experience nausea, but I have started getting bad, almost sinus-like headaches, my vertigo mostly affects me when moving from standing to lying position and vice versa,...

Last reply
  • jlr jlr

Is Labyrinthitis/Vestibular Neuritis actually curable to 100%?

So I'm currently suffering through this, currently in my 2nd month. I'm definitely a lot better than I was in my first month, but obviously still suffer with the symptoms surrounding these disorders.  But my main concern is, are these inner ear disorders ACTUALLY curable? Like whether it...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.