Do I have to worry about this?

Posted , 4 users are following.

My face has been more yellow than the rest of my tan body for a long time. I rarely go outside, so it probably isn't burned. My face colour changes quickly, especially when I am tired or unwell: it makes me very pale even though I have a tan skin color. My cheeks are therefore very red. I get dizzy quickly when I get up and I have brain fog. I've had this for a few years. I always tighten my head, then it goes away. Also I can't go without food for too long, otherwise I will become unwell. My nails are always very white, and my feet always cold and wet. I am a 13 year old girl. I went to the doctor once when I was 11, but she said many puberty girls get dizzy quickly. I think my iron value was fine, although my mother's was around 4. She says it's in the family and that black people like her often have a low iron value. I wouldn't say I get tired easily, but it could also be because I experienced these symptoms from about 10 years old. But when I'm very active, I get a little bit dizzy in my head and brain fog.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

Hi Amelia, Have you told your Mom about how you feel and your symptoms? She needs to know you are still having problems!! It is important to eat good food and get all your nutrients, if you feel bad when you don't eat often, some people get low blood sugar which can make you weak, sweaty, dizzy, tired, pale and things like that, you can eat regular 3 meals and some good snacks in between like nuts, yogurt, cheese, sandwiches, crackers, fruit, veggies or milk/juice...stuff like that, if you are dizzy moving around, try sitting up slowly from laying down, stand up slowly from sitting, when you change positions after being in one for awhile, change slowly...also lots of young people get dehydrated, your body is mostly water and you use up some of it by sweating, breathing, peeing and other body functions, so if you don't replace it you can feel dizzy and pretty bad so try to drink at LEAST 4 glasses of fluids a day, milk, juice and stuff are good but, water is the best...if you try these things & tell your Mom you would like to try this too, it might help you feel better...Good Luck, I hope this helps you & you can talk to me anytime BEST WISHES๐Ÿ’’๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŽถโ™พ๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ€โ˜ฎ

• Posted

Thanks for your advice๐Ÿ˜Š. My mother knows about this, but she just thinks I've to eat more ๐Ÿ˜‚ I always drink a lot of water (around 2-3 litre a day), because I actually like it and get thirsty very fast, but I think food maybe has to do something with it. I've a history of dieting since I was 9. I'm not overweight or anything but I dunno, I just liked it or something. You could say that due to this, I unintentionally eat less, although I'm not dieting at the moment and not have the intention to do it either. And maybe I could eat a bigger variety of food.

A little bit dumb that I didn't think of this before๐Ÿ˜‚

• Posted

No, its not dumb...so you start eating better and see how you feel over the next few weeks...Take Care & Good Luck Sweetie...if you have questions or need to chat I am here๐Ÿ’’๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŽถโ™พ๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ€โ˜ฎ

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.