Skip to content

Vertigo and Dizziness

Also known as Benign Postural Vertigo, Buccastem, Cyclizine, Dizziness, Labyrinthitis, Motion Sickness, Prochlorperazine, Stemetil, Vestibular Neuritis

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• emmy30 emmy30
  • mikey24 mikey24

Lightheaded for days

So I been lightheaded since last Tuesday. I went to urgent care Wedsnday he checked me and did blood work but couldn’t pin point what was causing it. Ive been taking Suboxone for the past month amd quit it 8 days ago and took some morphine 3days after I stopped. Which the day aftr I stopped taking …

• Akn Akn

Evening dizziness

I have been suffering from evening dizziness since August 2017.taking dizzron it čame normal.I have ibsd. Doctor said it is due to weakness. But I am not satisfied. If anyone comments on this I will be glad. Thanks.

All discussions in this group

Next
  • READ THIS IF YOU ARE GETTING VERTIGO!

1) vertigo is a SYMPTOM, not a disease! You must find the cause to get relief! 2) if you think you have ANY dental issues, this may be at the root of your problem! 3) BPPV is often caused by crystals in your inner ear that break free and bounce off inner ear walls. A simple, two minute test in your …

Last reply
  • Effective relief from chronic dizziness.

I've been suffering with constant vertigo, frequent head and neck ache and nausea for just over a year. Until recently my symptoms have been completely debilitating and have forced me to put my life on hold. No diagnosis as yet but it's almost certainly a vestibular problem of some sort. A …

Last reply
  • Drunk feeling 24/7/ dizziness/heavy head for four years??

Hello all! I'm a 25 year old female that's been suffering from dizziness (not spells, but 24/7 symptoms) for four years now. Since March of 2014 to be exact. It started after a period of extreme stress in my life. I woke up one morning and felt like I had drank a ton of alcohol. It only …

Last reply
  • Labyrinthitis, Anxiety and Brain Fog

I've been suffering with Labyrinthitis for a two months now, the dizziness seems to have gone except for random moments. The worse part is even though the dizzness is going away i appear to have constant anxiety all of the time, it is worse when i wake up in the morning and my head doesnt feel …

Last reply
  • Vestibular neuritis

I've been reading a bunch of old posts. I had my first vertigo attack on May7.  On May 8-  the entire house was spinning and I was violently vomiting that my husband took me to the ER.  They stabilized me and sent me home with Mecclazine.  Dx- BPPD Vertigo. Over the next …

Last reply
  • Are you still able to travel? Fly on a plane? Go on a road trip?

Can anyone here please tell me their experiences with traveling after getting diagnosed with their vestibular issues?   I would like to know your diagnosis..BPPV, vestibular migraine, VN, etc. And tell me if you’re still able to travel (fly on a plane or be in a car for a few hours). And if …

Last reply
  • Vestibulopothy likley Vestibular Neauritis

Hello, I am new to discussion sites. The reason I'm reaching out is due to my ongoing issues with ear pressure, balance difficulties, nausea and fatigue. I became acutely unwell in June this year with my first symtom being ear pressure with I have seen ENT and Neurologist. My ENT gave me ten …

Last reply
  • Does anyone else suffer with recurrent vestibular neuritis?

Hi everyone, I had my first spell of VB just over 2 years ago although at the time it was put down to anxiety! It was only when the same thing happened again 10 months later and was diagnosed as VB that it became obvious to me that it was what had happened previously! Then a year after the second …

Last reply
  • jlr jlr

Is Labyrinthitis/Vestibular Neuritis actually curable to 100%?

So I'm currently suffering through this, currently in my 2nd month. I'm definitely a lot better than I was in my first month, but obviously still suffer with the symptoms surrounding these disorders.  But my main concern is, are these inner ear disorders ACTUALLY curable? Like whether …

Last reply
  • Unbalanced...Don't feel normal anymore

For the past two months and a half I have been experiencing a lot of unbalance, dizziness and derealisation. It's almost hard to describe but what comes the closest to this is a floating sensation, a sensation of being pushed forwards/pulled backwards, a dropping/falling right into the ground …

Last reply
  • Dizziness

Hi I really need to help! I’ve been dizzy on and off for the past 3 years it all started after I had my little girl 3 years ago then went on holiday.. I was traveling back on the plane just about to land when I went so sick and dizzy all of a sudden I then had the feeling for many months then it …

Last reply
  • Wedge pillow for vertigo??

I have issues with vertigo and I'm tired of sleeping on multiple pillows that  have to constantly rearrange. Does anyone use a wedge pillow? Does it help? If yes, what is the best one? It looks like they range in price and I don't want to invest in one if it doesn't help or a …

Last reply
  • Dizziness every time I walk

Hey guys, for the past few days I’ve been experiencing dizziness whenever I walk. If I stand, sit, or lays down the feeling is lessen or gone. But when I started walking I feel like I’m walking on a water bed or clouds, a heavy feeling at the back of my head, can’t keep my balance, and my heart …

Last reply
  • Labyrinthitis - "brain shifts"??

Okay this is week 5, my first ever experience of vestibular problems. It started in horrendous fashion - I was swimming om my back and suddenly thought I was having a stroke. The most frightening experience of my life, and quite frankly I'm still traumatised by it. Still haven't managed to …

Last reply
  • Vertigo and tight neck muscles

A few weeks ago my neck muscles became tight for no obvious reason. I didnt think anything of it and though it would just go away but it got worse and upper back muscles became tight also. A few weeks of this and suddenly one day when I laid on my back to do some physio on my neck everything …

Last reply
  • C-reactive protein and platelets high. Dizziness

I have many of the same symptoms that all of you have mentioned.  Dizziness, visual disturbances, headaches (not always though) neck pain.  But my question is has anyone has associated high levels of C-reactive protein or high platlet counts in your blood work? I have seen ENT, GP, …

Last reply
  • Can most docs perform epley manoeuvre?

I've had a lot of 'head' symptoms for the best part of then last 14 months. I'd mostly learned to get by, as if been misdiagnosed repeatedly. I'm seeing a doctor at the moment (privately, I might add) who is certain it's related to autoimmune disorders and thyroid problems. …

Last reply
  • Can BPPV cause you to see eye floaters?

I’ve experienced vertigo twice..during the night in December and during the night in February. I’m assuming it was bppv..I’ve been to the doctors and they were no help and kept misdiagnosing me and just prescribed me anxiety pills. So doing my research on the Internet, it seems that what I had was …

Last reply
  • Labyrinthitis/ Vestibular Neuritis...Please Help

Hi guys, First time poster, I hope I can find people that can relate to my condition or help with it. This may be a bit of a long post, I would appreciate it if you would spare some time to read it all. Condition: Most likely labyrinthits (In my 7th week now) Background info: 2 months ago at uni …

Last reply
  • Dizziness off balance feeling for 3 months

Hello all I don’t normally post on things like this but I’m running out of answers. So I’m a 24 year old male who has been suffering with an off balance feeling since around late may early June and I work in front of a computer screen all day and look at my phone pretty constantly. So a little …

Last reply
  • Labyrinthitis and tinnitus

I was diagnosed by my GP late july. I developed tinnitus early august. I got my MRI scan done to rule out anything major and thankfully it came back normal.  Mine started off with a viral infection somewhere. I was okay for 2 weeks. No triggers no dizziness then it started off again on the 22 …

Last reply
  • Dizziness after standing up awhile at work

Hey guys. I googled this situation and all I kept getting was info on getting dizzy when you stand up quickly after sitting or laying down for while. That doest happen to me. What happens to me is, I'll get dizzy after standing or 5 hours or so at work. It'll last around 25 mins then go …

Last reply
  • Labyrinthitis/ Vestibular Neuritis.. I hope someone can help :(

Hi everyone. I am new to the forums and this is my first post on here. I am a 26 year old female suffering with Labyrinthitis/Vestibular Neuritis and I am seeking some answers. First off I would like to give you the jist of my symptoms and what led up to this. In the end of February I had a …

Last reply
  • Dizziness/imbalance/burping/belching/non working gallbladder.

Hi everyone, I'm almost suffering with digestion issues like belching/burping/dizziness/imbalance for 7 years. I did MRI, it was normal. Did colonoscopy and endoscopy 3 times, remarked with gastritis. But HIDA scan showed my gallbladder is not working at all 0%. I can remember these dizziness / …

Last reply
  • Dizziness for 3 weeks not getting better

I'm a 65 year old female and over the last year I have had a few bouts of dizziness/lightheaded which lasted a day or so but the latest one has lasted for 3 weeks and isn't getting better. I would describe it as the same as feeling very drunk. I've seen a GP 4 times. The first one …

Last reply
  • Does this sound like vertigo?

I was laying down under my truck replacing a part, trying to prop myself up when I felt a twinges in my neck then a spell of dizziness. It passed after I got up, but my health anxiety was through the roof, fearing it was a stroke in the making. This morning I woke up feeling dizzy if I moved my …

Last reply
  • Lightheaded/dizzy

Hi For about six months I have had almost consent lightheadedness. It is hard described but I think some people would say brain fog. Some days are better than others. It hasn’t stopped me doing anything but it’s just making everyday a little bit harder and uncomfortable. I have been to the doctors 3 …

Last reply
  • BPPV how long does it normally last if untreated

HI!  I started having vertigo when I was 5, was given valium at er and sent home.  Had slight dizziness episode in middle school, do's (neurologist) ran several tests but found nothing.  Was going to go on chair to induce dizziness but dizziness went away so they decided to not …

Last reply
  • Lack of Balance, Memory, Awareness and Severe Brain Fog

Male, 23, Brown, non smoker, 5'6", 145 lbs, Canada I apologize for a long post, but I want to make sure I provide as many details as possible. For the past 3 months I've been feeling strange. It all started with lightheadedness, a feeling of lack of balance and lots of agitation which …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.