Debilitating fatigue, mental fog, dizziness, weakness, vision change, under the influence

Posted , 3 users are following.

In June 2022, I was diagnosed with Vertigo. Before seeing the doctor and getting the diagnosis, I started feeling like the room is slowly spinning at times and ongoing sensation as if I'm being pulled sidewards or backwards. Fast-forward to July, new symptoms have developed and have been ongoing on a daily basis (scary part!).

• Fatigue/Tiredness: I wake up everyday with extreme fatigue regardless of a full 7-9 hours of sleep. I've started taking 15-20!minutes naps within 1-2 hours of waking up and throughout the day if possible to feel somewhat recharged and go on with the day. Very low energy!
  • Vision: I feel strange looking at bright lights, and the sun. I cant explain it, except I'm more comfortable seeing at night-time now. Unclear vision, almost like a fog where my eyes quickly looses focus throughout the day. Objects closer to me appear very blurry.
  • Mental State: I feel as if I'm consistently under the influence even though I am not smoking or drinking. It is comparable to the feeling I'd get after 1-2 glasses of wine. I am not myself and I'm moving slower. My mind is not as sharp and I have a hard time keeping focus on conversations or meetings at work. Getting through a full work-day has been challenging.

The beginning of the day is the worst, I slightly feel some reprieve with these symptoms into the evening. My doctors cant diagnose what is happening to me. I have upcoming appointments for a sleep study and an eye doctors. Has anyone felt like this before? What's wrong with me?!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have experienced all of your symptoms except vertigo. I got it one day after having a cold and i have not been the same since. I have improved in some ways and feel like it is a cycle that I am on.

• Edited

I've had very similar symptoms for 2+ years now. Fatigue (though not quite as serious as you've described), lightheadedness/dizziness, and a general sense of being under the influence - almost like I'm constantly "zoned-out" and can't snap out of it.

Prior to this, I was consistently waking up dizzy in the mornings but that would go away after about 15-20 sec. Now it's constant - every second of every day.

Your point about it being a bit better in the evening is interesting though, and something I've seen on a few other similar posts. That, combined with the fact that I have a severe dizziness upon waking makes me think it could be something going on with sleep. Perhaps it's something overnight that causes a debilitation for hours and hours the next day, then when it starts to recede, we go back to sleep only for this "something" to occur again.

Figured I would just add that commentary in hopes it spurs productive thoughts. Curious to hear about the sleep study. That's always been something I've wondered about but have not gone through.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.