Vertigo made worse by moving arm

Posted , 2 users are following.

So. I am back here after my last vertigo episode 4, almost 5 years ago. Head pressure, brain fog, fatigue, this time with arm/hand tremors and my right arm has felt very weird yesterday. Like not really numb but felt funny. And my vertigo gets triggered whenever I move it especially side to side. Sometimes up or down. When my vertigo first appeared years ago it was when I drew or wrote stuff. Oddly enough these recent symptoms started up after I scheduled a physical so I think some anxiety is feeding into it. Yesterday felt horrible, today felt better but it still kinda bothers me. Last time my blood tests were fine and the doctor guessed I had fluid in my inner ear causing the vertigo. Back then it lasted over the weekend at least and this time also on the weekend. Also in the fall. I forgot to take my allergy pills the previous few days when it all started so maybe it is all related?

Anyone else with similar stuff might have any idea? I go to the doctor tomorrow first thing in the morning for my physical so I'll bring this all up then as well.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear that you are feeling unwell after being vertigo free for such a long time.

I suffer from neuropathy in my legs and feet and this always gets far worse when I am having a bad vertigo episode. Lately have also been feeling quite breathless and generally weird. So bad last week I went to A&E, but they couldn't find anything obvious.

I am sure vertigo is responsible for so many problems apart from just the obvious ones.

Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Thank you. Technically I still had vertigo, mainly when I'm writing or drawing but I haven't done either for awhile. Oh no. I'm sorry you are feeling that way. Today I got my blood test results in and I have slightly elevated TSH levels of 12.9, which may indicate I have Hypothyroidism. I looked at it's symptoms and it seems to really tick most of my symptoms boxes that have bothered me for years. Unfortunately the doctor never followed up on any of that and I have ready with this early they just monitor for a few months with tests to see if it remains elevated. Vertigo definitely seems to occur in most Hypothyroid people. But yeah it seems to be prevalent in a lot of different things. Thank you. You too!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.