Horrible after vng testing

Posted , 16 users are following.

So I had bang testing done this morning. Horrible is an easy way of explaining it.... But I felt ok prior to the test. My vertigo was much better. But since the test this morning it's back in full force. Dizzy, weakness, horrible nausea, and a headache. Has anyone else ever experienced this?

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I meant the vng testing.....
  • Posted

That's normal. Test is supposed to make your eyes roll around. What there measuring. Just thinking about it makes me ill.

• Posted

24 hours later and I'm still sick. I didn't realize it may throw me back into vertigo. I'm just miserable.

• Posted

Hopefully the tests will give you some answers.
    • Posted

I am going through the Vestibular Testing this afternoon, and am worried about it trigger worse symptoms. How long did it take you to feel normal again after the test?? Thank you for any response you can give. 😃

• Posted

I'm experiencing the same thing! I was feeling ok this morning before that test!

• Posted

I am going through the Vestibular Testing this afternoon, and am worried about it trigger worse symptoms. How long did it take you to feel normal again after the test?? Thank you for any response you can give. 😃

• Posted

had the vng this afternoon and am able to go about the day. wanted to let people know that may be afraid that I was fine during and after the test. got dizzy during the cold/warm air thingi, but the person doing the test was very compassionate and made me feel at ease soon as I sat down.  this helps a lot.  I read horror stories about this test, and believe me, I feel for people who go through that, cause that could have been me, but this time, I was fine.  so want to encourage people that need this test and hope you have the force with you as I did today
  • Posted

• Edited

OMG YES!! I was fine before the test and after I did the test, my vertigo was way worse and i think overally my symptoms got worse. I am even more dizzy and it's been a week since the test!!!

• Posted

omg did you improve???!?!?!?!?!? im the exact same! 2 weeks post test!

• Posted

mine went easy except the darling noise eg

hen they check for tumors

• Posted

3 week now after my rest I am a lot worse than I started, I only had slight in balance issues now I have dizziness and in balance issues on a daily basis, can't drive or even do small activities at home .

• Posted

omggggg did you eventually feel better or go back to your usual dizzness? i was dizzy before but WORSE now after the hot and cold air caloric test, like my eyes are also extremely fatigued now too. its been 2 weeks exactly since the test

• Posted

im exact same! 2 weeks post test now. i had the hot and cold air. please help.. does it get better over time?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.