Horrible after vng testing

Posted , 16 users are following.

So I had bang testing done this morning. Horrible is an easy way of explaining it.... But I felt ok prior to the test. My vertigo was much better. But since the test this morning it's back in full force. Dizzy, weakness, horrible nausea, and a headache. Has anyone else ever experienced this?

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I reacted pretty badly as well after the testing. It lasted maybe 2 weeks-ish and reached a tipping point where I crashed due to the symptoms and quite a few other factors (bad reaction with my medication and stress) its barely a week later now and I'm feeling much better, arguably better than I have in months.

I can say without a doubt stress and pushing myself made things a lot worse. Talk with ur doc if you're worried and maybe potentially come up with a game plan for if you do have a bad reaction. They may have some very helpful suggestions for managing things or ways to avoid symptoms sticking around. Either way I wouldn't avoid getting a vng test out of worry, If I had the choice going back I would still choose to take it and just might have planned to rest afterwards.

• Posted

I had the VNG test this morning.When they got to the cold then warm air test and they till you to open your eyes, well the best way I can describe it is, if you have ever been sick sick from drinking and you were dizzy, nausea and the room was spinning whether you closed or opened your eyes and you begged it to all stop, then thats my experience everytime i had the air put in my ear and they said open your eyes. I thought I would faint or throw up, cold sweat. I hardly ever get nausea and only have slight vertigo. I dont understand my diagnosis of Merniers disease.

I'm 58 and I went to ent for some hearing loss and slight vertigo and I get this diagnosis.they want me to have a 4 day regiment of shots in one ear and then in 2 weeks the other ear????

• Posted

i had the test this morning. i made the dr stop , i did not finished it. just had the warm air part , induced vertigo twice and i quit. no way i was getting induced again. worst experience ever. still very nauseated and headache. i hope is gone soon.

• Posted

same here was horrible! Did you get your results? Wondering what it indicates not being able to complete the test still getting dizzy spells

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.