Can’t get rid of it

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi All,

New to this forum as never suffered with this before.

I got back from Spain at the end of September. After a week of returning i started feeling 'off balance' and a swaying feeling mostly when out walking. I left it two weeks and saw my GP, she sent me for blood tests and an ECG. Both were fine, i left it another two weeks and saw my GP again. She told me to use a nasal spray but i was already using this for hayfever so i knew that wouldnt work.

I decided to go private and see an ENT consultant, he did some short tests with me and sent me for a hearing test. Everything was fine and he said to leave it a while as it should go away on its own. We are now 3 months later and although my symptoms have improved i am still suffering.

My head feels like it is moving side to side at different times. I still feel unbalanced when out walking. I seem to get more headaches and the odd migrainewhich ive never really suffered previously.

I am now doing daily exercises for Brandt-Daroff exercises but nothing is helping.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Its like a silent disease because people can't see whats happening to you.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi i have just had the same experience as yourself , now going for a MRI scan and on a course of medication for 2 weeks this is helping

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.