Constant off balance feeling and dizziness for 6 months

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi I've been suffering with a off balance feeling for 6 months now its constantly there but gradually gets worse as the day goes on ...I've been doctors been checked for vertigo and ears checked all came back normal waiting on a mri scan as have tinnitus in one ear I get the occasional head ache also been getting a feeling that sometimes I might pass out I go all hot and clammy then have to lay down for a while I'm a 36 year old I don't smoke or drink very rarely I'm active well used to be until I got this horrible off balance feeling I've had ECG done bloods all came back normal apart from a low ferratin level been on iron tablets for months ...this is really taking over my life I can't enjoy the things I used to do because of the constant off balance feeling also sometimes my eyes go out of focus does anyone no what could be causing it .

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

a lot of us have same or close to issues not sure that anyone has figured it out i have had this since 2011 what helped me was doing the exercises to regain my balance and it took awhile to be able to focus again i just kept pushing and pushing although it was very hard but now i still have issues i just learned to deal with them but it did get a lot better some days are better then others to where it doesn't even bother me you just cant lay in bed all day you have to stay active and do what you love i wish you the best 

• Posted

I don't have time to lay in bed all day with a 2 year old lol but If I could I would it makes me feel that unwell such a horrible feeling i try to not let it effect me but it's so hard when you are out doing things and the constant off balance is on your mind and the feeling as if you are going to pass out I'm always in flight and fight mode sad

• Posted

i hear you but it will get better not 100% but livable for me anyway i couldn't drive or stand longer then 2 minutes walked around the house holding the walls it was bad stay strong and keep pushing I have had the MRI, ENT hearing, eye test all that and they could never help I just kind of gave up on the Doctors as they had no clue what to say to me try the exercises for balance and stay active as possible I wouldn't suggest huge changes with diet or stop doing this and that because that's what i did and i think i might have shocked my body a little more sorry if my words don't help and i really hope you get better 

• Posted

Thank you Daniel did they never get to the bottom of your symptoms then ?
    • Posted

No they have never got to the bottom of it so i just keep going like most on here don't think negative and keep going  stay away from self diagnosing like google 

• Posted

The reason nothing has been done is because nobody knows what to do about it.they know not what to do its a guessing game which you need not be in.you have tinnitus for life youve just got to get used to it  xx
    • Posted

I'm used to the tinnitus I've learnt to live with it for 10 years but when something effects your motor skills etc and effects you daily it's a lot harder to deal with specially when you have children and you can just about walk and function right it's I just hope I get some answers soon as it's not getting any better it's getting worse rolleyes x

• Posted

Know exactely where your coming from what is hard to understand is the NHS cant really help us they are stuck ln the trench of watch and wait xx
  • Posted

I also have the off balance type of dizziness for many years now.  Sorry you are going through this. Probably the most common cause is vestibular migraine.   It can take a while and multiple Drs to get the right diagnosis. But, don’t give up.  Mine ended up being from one of the rare conditions.  
  • Posted

Hi Carla

?I can only add to what others have said here.  I have tinnitus in left ear from a head injury many years ago, so have learned to live with that.  In 2013 my balance went and prior to this happening I had BPPV.  I thought both conditions were one condition but it turned out that I also had silent migraines which were causing the severe balance issues, visual problems.  I also had a faint whilst on a plane, as my ears are now so sensitive to flying that it worsens all my balance and hearing for days afterwards.  

?Anxiety about feeling dizzy also worsens the dizzy feelings, it all very much a vicious circle.  I have got beyond thinking it will ever get completely resolved but it has got better over the past couple of years and not as bad as it use to be because now instead of getting upset about it I am trying to live with it and enjoy the time when it isn't as bad as it has been and take it steady on a day when it flares up.  I hope you get a proper diagnosis as it does affect every aspect of life when you are 'wonky' but the worst thing you can do is get really stressed out about it because that makes it all the worse.

?All best wishes.

• Posted

Mine is caused by the effects of a accustic neuroma xx
    • Posted

Think that's what the doc thinks mine is cause of the tinnitus being in one ear on ly the left ear x

• Posted

If it is my dear its nothing to worry about if they suggest you have the damaged ear injected with genta mycin dont do it the tinnitus gets a lot louder and you will still fall over (happy days) get used to the idea you have it for the rest of your life and life will get better xx
  • Posted

The last few days Ive started to experience a numbNess feeling on the right side of my face also feels warm to touch this is a new symptom and not sure if related but its making me anxious has anyone had the same while exsperiancing
  • Posted

Hi,

Are you any further along in finding out? I’ve had dizziness for the past 6 months I’ve had bloods done which are fine and I’ve now been referred to ENT as have had medications for vertigo that did not work at  all. I have my ENT appt next week. It’s really getting me down as I have a 1 year old and I feel like I missing out on fun things i could be doing with her as I always feel so unsteady. It’s always there as soon as I wake up and is very bad come the evening! If I could just sleep i would!! Because that’s what it feels like. It’s sore behind my eyes, eyes are blurry and I just feel off balance and not myself. I hope the ENT can help as I’ve had enough. 

• Posted

I have been going through this very same thing and doctors have not figured it out yet. They said B12 deficiency and D deficiency, but I’ve been in both of those supplements for months and I am still feeling the same. Have you found any answers?
    • Posted

Hello,

Sorry to hear your going through it..

I’m still suffering 10 months in!

ENT showed up nothing and I was sent back to the gp who was still adamant it was my ears and booked me in to have an Epley Manouvere and failing that a referral back to ENT!

It was only the lovely doctor that saw me for the Epley Manouvere suggested it was nothing to do with my ears by the looks of it and asked if anyone addressed my b12 as they were low. He asked me to be re tested for bloods again and have an ECG. ECG was normal and the bloods have shown low vitamin b12 and vitD. I have an appt with the same dr to follow up on it all this week actually and see what he suggests. I’ve been taking b12 supplements for the last 2 weeks and i am having better days I think. I am vegetarian so I would of thought my b12 was always low so it’s random I’ve only got the dizziness now. The only other option the dr wanted to look into was posterial blood pressure. Which means when I go from sitting/laying down to sitting/standing up my blood pressure goes irratic. I’ll prob know more once I’ve seen the Doctor this week. 

Just keep on with the drs,  it took me seeing 4 doctors for 1 to even mention my b12!!!! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.