I have benign positional vertigo and wanted to see if anyone’s got any experience of this

Posted , 2 users are following.

ive been bed ridden for 2 weeks and 4 days now. I think at first i had food poisoning, was nauseous and then after i began throwing up i genuinely couldn't do anything other than be in bed. Any movement led to me feeling like i was going to throw up, even going on my phone made me feel sick. Since then I have had one day where i felt sort of normal, every other day it feels like im constantly seasick unless i lie in bed on my right side specifically or on my back. GP has given me prochlorozine which i don't feel like is working, and has told me to do Brandt-Daroff exercises. Has anyone done these exercises before? Do they work? How soon should i do them? I did the Epley manouvre last week wednesday unsupervised because a website said so, and that made me feel so much worse.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

What diagnosis did you have? I had it too, but I didn't vomit. The doctor performed the Epley maneuver on me, which was successful. The dizziness was very strong and passed in about 15 seconds. After that I had about 5-6 hours of bad mood, anxiety, fear and other symptoms out of my head. You still need to have a diagnosis.How do you feel now?I hope you feel good.

• Posted

A&E said at first i have bpv, then gp said i also had bpv. Have only had telephone appointments with my GP, 3 so far. Still get the dizziness, I have motion sickness as well so that probably explains why i throw up, I throw up pretty easily. GP hasn't mentioned doing the epley manouvre, she has told me to do the Brandt-Daroff which i will do over the weekend. Really just want to get rid of this! If this doesn't work they are going to send me to an ENT doctor.

• Posted

After the epley manouvre was it gone for good? How long ago was it that you had it?

• Posted

I was diagnosed 3 months ago and until now I haven't had any. It is true that I am afraid every day. My doctor told me that if you had it once, it can happen again, but you don't know when. In addition to this, I also suffer from anxiety, and the doctor's remark did not help me much.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.