Severe B12 deficiency - worried more about prick sensations under skin from nerves

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

At this point in time, I am most concerned about all these prick like sensations all over the body. Sometimes it is the same feeling from the nerve five or six times in a row. I can actually see subtle movement under the skin sometimes. This symptom all started about three years ago. This is not numbness and tingling which I have also but rather mosquito like bites that vary in pain intensity. They all appear completely random. Standing up is my best position whilst lying down is the worst. A little body massager does decrease frequency. Perhaps the light pressure on an area helps the nerves focus on one area.

I am just starting my third week on treatment which is very early. I have seen improvement in a lot of other categories but this symptom along with my memory have me most preoccupied. It may take six months to a year but I am wondering if anyone had this or still has this symptom?

I am in the 15-20 years of symptoms before finding out group. Every day was a marathon. Things are getting a lot easier now.

Thank you!

Dry eyes - mild improvement

Fatigue - mild improvement

Confusion - dramatic improvement

Memory - slight improvement

Temperature sensitivity - no improvement

Heart palpitations - no improvement

Muscle weakness - slight improvement

Anxieties / OCD / irritability - dramatically improved

Internal vibrations - dramatically improved

Balance - slightly improved

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.