Severe tingling/itching whenever body heats up. Cannot sweat

Posted , 47 users are following.

I have this strange new problem that just started happening to me recently. I don't sweat anymore (except under my arms) whenever I get hot. Instead my body becomes severely itchy and I get a full body tingling/pins & needles sensation. It is extremely painful and spreads through my body in a lightning type of pattern. It happens every time I get hot, nervous or physically exert myself. It evens happens if I laugh too much. It seems that in every situation where my body would normally sweat I don't anymore. I also notice when this happens my whole body becomes red and small bumps appear all over my arms and chest area. What I'm assuming is that this is some severe case of clogged sweat pores but all over my body instead of one specific place. Are there any doctors out there that know what this is and/or know of any medications that can open up sweat pores? Cold showers do not work. I am a 20 year old male.

3 likes, 82 replies

82 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I don't think it will be anything to do with clogged sweat pores, and you should see a doctor.  Possible causes include vitamin B12 deficiency or diabetes.

You could try googling these, but it's no substitute for seeing a doctor:

"skin feels like pins and needles when i get hot"

"can't sweat pins and needles"

• Posted

Yeah I have already googled my symptoms but I can't find anything solid. Thanks for the reply though I will look into B12 deficiency 

• Posted

Dear,

Good time

Please Go to yoyr GP, and tell him, about your situation which is mist probably to me is ( Cholinergic urticaria) then he/she can treat you.

Regards

• Edited

Hey Robert, I have the same problem as you and have not been able to find any solution. I’ve met with my GP three times already. Please do tell me if there’s anything that helps you overcome this disease
    • Edited

Hey,

I found out that this problem is called Cholinergic Urticaria. It doesn't have any cure or permanent solution however I have found that doing exercise for about 10-15 minutes a day and sweating it out helps drastically. I am about 90% cured myself except for some little tingling here and there. Exercising is painful but if you can fight through it I'm almost positive you'll feel better. Good luck!

• Edited

omg! ive been dealing with since high school! im glad i was not the only one! i did noticed that when i did workout that the symptoms would disappear or at least be lessened. i havent been working since the pandemic happened and they have return im so glad that i came to this thread! it really hell me put my mind at ease knowing not that I have an actual answer! thank you so much!

• Posted

Hi marc14954

How are you doing now? I am feeling the same problem. Did u see any doctor for this?

Currently I am taking vitamin B12 and doctor asked me to do so for 1 months. Did u try anything else?

• Edited

Hey brother, 

So I literally just made an account because I've been going through the the same thing for 10+ years, to no avail...any new updates on this ? Or is the only solution still the excercise thing.

Your response would be very much appreciated.

Thanks a mil

• Edited

Hey,

So yes the only way I've found to get rid of, or at least reduce the severity of this problem, is through exercise. Since I wrote this post my problem has significantly been reduced. If it was at 100% a year ago now I would say it's at around 20%. It's still comes through every now and then but exercise definitely helps tremendously. I know it can be extremely painful but once that sweat starts coming out it seems to reduce the pain slowly by slowly every day if you're consistent. I tend to aim for ~45 minutes of exercise every other day, which was a big change for me since I previously did ~15 minutes and before that none, but I'm glad I started. I would say to try the exercise thing for a week or 2 even if it seems like it doesn't work at first. I've gotten to a point now where I can sweat normally and go through daily life without a lot of pain if any at all. Really hope you get rid of this problem man. Best of luck.

• Posted

I have had this problem for years and am trying to get all the info I can get. Did you try working out like suggested?

• Posted

Glad you managed to alleviate the condition greatly. I am going to try this even though I do not know how I am going to go through the pain. I have a few questions if you do not mind me asking. Whenever you get the sensations, what do you do to alleviate them?

Is it ever too bad now? Have you ever gone through days of not working out and getting the extreme pins and needles again?

Any relevant health issues that you were diagnosed with while researching this will also help.

Sorry for asking so much, it has been too many years with this and I am getting desperate. Hopefully you will see this.

• Edited

Hey Jose,

Don't worry about asking questions, I understand your frustration.

1. Whenever you get the sensations, what do you do to alleviate them?:

At this moment the problem is calm enough that if I do get the sensation it will just go away on it's own or I will start sweating a bit which will alleviate it. When it used to be bad I would normally try to cool myself down in front of an Air Conditioner and then drink a lot of cold water. Whenever you get the sensation I would suggest working out at that time. If you have never worked out before definitely start slowly and don't go all out, but work through the pain. I suggest distracting yourself somehow like listening to music or watching something. You also have to be consistent even if you don't want to, I recommend every other day. You have to think that even though it's very painful and uncomfortable the pain isn't actually damaging your body or something it's just a sensation. So keep going even if it's too much, you'll get used to it eventually.

2. Is it ever too bad now? Have you ever gone through days of not working out and getting the extreme pins and needles again?:

It's never as bad as it once was before no. Maybe every now and then I might feel a little pain that's slightly worse that normal but that's very rare. Once I got on a regular routine of working out and sweating it out I could take a few days off without any adverse affects. For example, I might work out every other day for 2 weeks straight, but then not be able to for a week due to work or something. However, even though I took the week off I still felt fine. But if you don't workout for a long time and wait too long the sensations will come back slowly by slowly.

3. Any relevant health issues that you were diagnosed with while researching this will also help:

I wasn't diagnosed with any health issues or anything.

Let me know if you have any more questions, I would be happy to answer them.

• Edited

Wow thank you for replying so fast, I was scared you were not using the platform anymore. I will definitely try this as soon as I can. Not really sure how I will manage to work through the intense pain without running to cold water but I am hopeful. Thank you so much!

• Posted

Definitely urticaria in my opinion. Your body's immune system is reacting to the heat, you can break out in hives, a red rash, or what looks like nettle rash. It can become itchy and sore and will normally subside if you use an antihistamine, well certainly the itching anyway.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.