Should I really be taking Bisoprolol Fumarate

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I have been to the doctor yesterday because I keep on having cramp like pain in my upper left chest right under the clavicle when I do sports, not always. Also I keep on having dizziness when getting up. The doctor could not find anything wrong with my heart (he did ultrasound and stress ECG) and suggested Prinzmetal angina, he prescribed Trimetazidine (which I am OK with) and on telling him that all my life I have an-organic arrhythmia he prescribed

Bisoprolol Fumarate, I have normal to low blood pressure and after reading that this is a beta blocker and reading about the numerous side effects I'm not sure at all if I should take this?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I understand your concern about the beta blocker. My blood pressure has always been normal or low so that has been the most hard to deal with. I have to eat more salt and wear compression socks etc to keep it up while on these meds however the benefit for my heart rate has not yet made me stop taking it. What dose of the Biso are you taking?
    • Posted

Hi Melody, just 1 tablet in the morning, 5mg, I just don't get why he prescribed it in the first place if there is nothing wrong with my heart?,he also put me on Vastarel but after reading up on that I think that is OK

• Posted

I do know that there are many benefits to beta blockers that we may not be aware of and that we all react to meds differently. You could very well see only benefit from it however I would ask about taking it at bedtime and get your docs opinion. Did you ask your doctor specifically why he wants you on this med? For me the morning did not work for these types of meds so my doc said take at night so I sleep through the mass of the side effects but I still get the benefit of the HR lowering throughout the day. I would definately ask specifically why because that is an important valid question and I completely understand your fear about taking it. I, as many you read about am having a hard time dealing with my side effects but I am also willing to try a few different meds first because I just might find one that works! If not, I will explore other options so I hope that you try and follow your doctors orders but that you are also very open with him about anything and everything you may feel. I wish you the very best results!!
  • Posted

All i know is that after taking a beta blocker for the a week or so  i had dizziness (extreme) and really bad pain in my chest and under  my shoulder blades . I felt better off them . But i had to have old fashioned meds instead to control my heartbeat.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.