Side effects

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello everyone, I've recently been diagnosed with Glaucoma, and my journey with eye drops has been quite a rollercoaster. At first, I was prescribed Latanoprost, and it worked wonders for about a month. However, the dreaded side effects kicked in, and I experienced almost all of the listed ones. My doctor then switched me to Timolol, but to my dismay, it left me temporarily blinded for 8-10 hours after one drop in each eye. Feeling a bit discouraged, my doctor suggested a Durysta injection, assuring me that it would replace all the drops. I decided to give it a try and received the injection in one eye. However, when I went for a pressure check, I was disappointed to find that it had only improved by 2 points. Not willing to give up, my doctor then prescribed another eye drop called Brimonidine. I've been using it for about 3 weeks now, but unfortunately, I'm starting to experience similar side effects as I did with Latanoprost. It's disheartening, to say the least. The side effects with Brimonidine are relatively mild compared to the others, causing some watery eyes, redness, and occasional blurriness. I'm beginning to question whether the potential benefits of the other eye injection are truly worth it. I'm really hoping that these side effects will fade away over time. Is there any chance that they might? Thank you.

Billy

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.