Side effects of drops.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi i use Azarga twice a day and Latanoprost at night before bed.

Every couple of months. I experience recurring neck and head pain and vomiting to the point I can't even keep fluid down. I wondered if this could be a side effect of the drops or if anyone else experiences this? Thank you.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

All the eye drops for Glaucoma can have side effects some of which are pretty serious. One should read the brochures of eye drops where ever one is in doubt. When you are feeling problems as mentioned by you, pl do consider the Dr who may prescribe other eye drops till you find a solution. I am patient of Glaucoma since Oct, 2015. Since then 5 eye drops have been used by me from time to time and ultimately I got settled down to Azopt twice a day and Travatan once a day in the evening. I do feel some side effects like flu like symptoms but I do not feel too uncomfortable. Good luck to you
  • Posted

Hi tracyjh,

It's possible that the preservatives in Latanoprost are causing the problem.  Before my partner had a trabeculectomy on her left eye she was taking Azarga twice daily in both eyes and Monopost (preservative-free Latanoprost) at night in her left eye and had no problems with these drops.  Since the trabeculectomy in September she still takes Azarga twice daily in her right eye and is taking steroid drops (Maxidex?) once daily for her left eye.

Maybe a change of brand name Latanoprost could help.

• Posted

Neck pain plus feeling like i had the flu and the worst sore throat ever.Im just taking latanoprost though.I stopped taking my drops for 2 days and my flu symptoms dont seem to bother me.I still don't have my voice but the sore throat and neck pain went away.I decided to restart up the drops tonight to see if this is coming from them.Ill let you know.

• Posted

Thank you for your comments I look forward to your further reply.
  • Posted

Good Morning all Hope you are well

Not feeling well, hospital gave me new eye drops not suiting me. Pain around my eyes today nausea, vomiting headache.

Feels like there is something in my eye

Monopost

Has anyone else had problems with these drops

I have ocular hypertension

Thanks for your help greatly appreciated

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.