Simple Robotic Prostatectomy (5-Year Update)

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello BPH Sufferers,

It has been over 5-years since I posted my original post regarding having undergone a Simple Robotic Prostatectomy to remove the mass that had plagued me for years. It is now 5-years later and I thought I would provide an update.

My "Garden Hose" still works great. I pee freely without any issues. I void in a matter of seconds and able to push urine out with great force. Still like hearing the water splash.

I will soon be 67 years old and I am still having satisfying sex. I get an erection and I have orgasms. I do not ejaculate anything (which is fine with me and the Misses), but when cleaning up I can milk some fluid out. During foreplay I do excrete pre-cum. especially when overly excited.

Do I have retrograde ejaculation? I have no idea and have never worried about it. If it is there, it does not cause me any issues.

I drink fluids all the time, all the way up to bedtime and I take a glass of water with me to place on the night stand. If I get up during the night (which if it happens it is just once), I will drink some water before laying back down. I stay plenty hydrated and never think twice about my fluid intake because peeing is never a thought of concern. While this sounds simple enough, as a previous sufferer of BPH, that was not the case.

Lastly, I still workout like I always have. As an ex-powerlifter, my home gym is equipped with all the weights and equipment I need, and I push plenty 6-days a week.

Well, just wanted to give an update 5-years after having my mass removed. Best to you.

Dave

2 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Thanks for the update, Dave! As someone who is now 6 weeks post-surgery where I had the same robotic partial prostatectomy (removal of the entire median lobe of my "massive" prostate), I have been happy with the results of super strong pee (over 3 feet out in front of me with a full bladder, measured outside of course!) and quick bladder emptying. Not sure why I didn't do this before, why I wasted time and recovery after 3 TURPs. I still have a little bit of leakage at random times but that isn't happening as often any more. Sex is as you describe, no output but great sensation. 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.