sleep help

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi first let me start off had surgery feb2016 had half a lung removed smoking 40plus yrs quit that day none since and to top that off gave up caffeine same time i know crazy butdont recommend quiting both same time thatswhen it started my panic attacks and anxiety i was prescribed adivan 0.5 low dose for it and my sleep i should also mention i work nites so all this none sleeing happens during the day when im to sleep my problem now cant sleep also adivan ran out primary wont prescribe it anymore tells me afraid of losing licence which is false if you gave to already anyway told me to see a shrink which dont have a problem with only first app i canget fromanyone is3 months away ive tried other methods hotbath herbal teas exercise breathing methods no adval any help would be great

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have u tried Melatonin? No prescription needed. Check with your pharmacist.
    • Posted

yes i have thank you for your advice on it just gonna find away ive come to the point if i sleep i do if not try to at least lay thereand rest if i doze off thats a bonus
    • Posted

You ve been through alot but eventually you ll be ok.
  • Posted

Hi there, good for you quitting smoking and caffeine smile

Sometimes quitting smoking can cause a bit of panic attacks during the first days of withdrawal.

Your dr shouldn't have cut you off the ativan...its not good to run out or to abruptly stop taking them. Its better to taper off. That might be causing the sleep problems.

I think you should go see another dr and ask for a refill until you can get in to see the psych dr.

Best wishes.

• Posted

hi thanks for taking time to reply back im one step ahead went back to doctor who did operation he gave me enough to i can get to shrink.and i think it was rinning havoc on sleep im doing better now still have my days

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.