Snapping tricep post op ulnar nerve transposition

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello forum,

I am 6 weeks post op of an ulnar nerve transposition on my left elbow, where I was dealing with subluxation and pinching of the ulnar nerve over the medial epicondyle. I went back in for my follow up and the Dr. confirmed that I now have snapping triceps syndrome with the triceps tendon popping over the bone during use of the elbow. For example related to weightlifting; any pressing movements like the bench press or push down while my hand is supinated cause strong popping ( I am talking about with zero weight in my hands, just the movement) but no sensation. My issue is that I brought this up to my surgeon pre op, and my surgeon informed me that only ulnar nerve entrapment was occurring and snapping triceps was not. The Dr. told me to wait it out and the snapping tricep should go away on its own once I get back to weightlifting and exercising - but also stated the possibility of it never going away. My question to the forum is; has anyone dealt with snapping tricep post op? Also, did it go away on its own or was further surgery required to prevent this from ongoing? 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hey! When i read your post i thought i wrote it myself. I have had the exact same problem. I had 4 surgeries on my elbow and the last 2 were to move the nerve and to remove part of the muscle and tendon. Do you have facebook or an email address so we can stay in touch?
  • Posted

I couldn't see your message. Message me at six one two two seven four eight four eight six. It is a US number.

• Posted

Have you been dealing with snapping triceps? Did you get surgery to fix it?
    • Posted

Yes i have, and the surgery fixed it. I had your same exact symptoms.
  • Posted

You had an ulnar nerve transposition and the snapping triceps came up post op?  Has the surgery been successful? What did they do to fix it? Can you bench press without snapping tricep?
    • Posted

Hey did you ever get yours handled? I think I need the surgery as well and want to get back to lifting.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.