Some days good some days not why?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had fundoplication 14 years ago. 5 years ago symptoms back, these were heartburn food sticking ,bad acid taste after breakfast. I saw numerous doctors, last one did high resolution manometry & found poor motility in my oestophogus. My wrap from 14 years was tilted. Had new op in January, wrap changed to partial one instead of full which was too tight. My food now does not stick but heartburn pain lasts at least 2 or 3 days a week. My Consultant said this was not heartburn but my oestophogus in pain so to eat easily digested foods. It is difficult to judge as some days I am fine but hungary all the time, and some days in pain with poor apetite. Any clues to help. Thanks

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rita this may be spasms as opposed to heartburn , have you tried sipping ice cold water or sucking/ crunching extra strong mints. I find that if I do that at the moment it starts the episode is less painful and shorter lived. Hope this helps x
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your suggestions, I was told I dont have heartburn but it just feels like it. I shall try your helpful points I always thought mints would make it worse but I will give it a go. How are you today? X
    • Posted

Hi Rita, yes probably nothing to do with heartburn as such. I am improving every day , still very tired and have to take things very was but only pain I get are spasms and mints work well for me at the moment , needed to crunch 8 this morning before it eased xx worth a try xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.