Some sort of parasite in my stomach or IBS?

Posted , 4 users are following.

For about a few days I have been suffering constipation. Like I have the need to go but I either cant or go a little. I noticed white specks on my stool which I think it can be a sign of a parasite. I highly doubt it can be something like colon cancer because then is feel a sharp pain on my colon area along with the right side of the hip my stool would be in some shade of dark red or something. I dont feel like I have nausea neither do I have tiredness. Im not vomiting either. Or have food sickness. I had oatmeal plus an orange and apple sauce today morning (so good) I noticed I lost weight although it doesn't really physically show. Yesterday I was very hungry and had a teriyaki bowl at night. Other than that I feel like the need to go but I cant or when I do I feel like I didn't go all the way.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Could it be mucus?
    • Posted

Thats a good question. I tried going to the bathroom again and this white substance that was a bit flaky looking came out it had a white/yellow thing going on. Sorta like bits which I believe it might have just been fat from what I have read. So far right now I feel bloated with the urge to go. Overall it can only be a simple normal constipation. I do drink plenty of water like a lot exactly at 7-glasses worth a day. I still haven't felt the tiredness (even though I haven't had much sleep due to just liking to stay awake at night watching TV) my fatigue is pretty fine and I still feel no sharp abdomen pain as of now but I think if I wait it will possibly happen (most constipations some pain will occur) I hope some laxatives will do the trick but as of now I will be heading to the emergency room I was just there yesterday for a skin tag and now I have to go again. Luckily the waiting in the ER isn't so long and the doctors are extremely friendly at my local hospital. It could possibly be stress. I felt constipationpation on the day I saw the skin tag I had on my genital area. I heard that stress and anxiety causes constipation but after yesterdays results and it only being a skin tag I felt relieved and today my constipation just got bad within a few short hour. I will definitely find out by the end of the day. I will clear with the doctor with all details on the symptoms and bowel movements. I dont normally get constipated and when I do after my next sitting I can release perfectly without feeling bloated or anything
    • Posted

I suffer with anxiety and definitely adds to my problems. I am better at the mo but mainly because I have had to give up work, hopefully briefly. 

Follow Pip's advice below

• Posted

Ask your doctor to do a test for h pylori, colonoscopy/barium enema, ultrasound and a celiac blood test/stomach biopsy. Also ask for an endoscopy.
    • Posted

Im at the ER now I still dont feel a sharp pain but that "feeling you need to go but cant" Its a constipation that happen suddenly I dont think it could be that serious in just a few short hours. Since Sunday I felt some gassy constipation but I was still able to go same with Monday and Tuesday I still had a bowel movement. Today was when I just felt a bit different even with 2 bowels I had that felt incomplete the last bowel wasn't so good. I kept checking the symptoms and it can either mean some normal constipation or a parasite.
    • Posted

I just had a doctor check he even put his finger on my butt to see the the poop color he said its yellow/white which is normal for constipation. He said as long its not a dark red or Grey color or had an intense pain. He said if I had waited all the collection of poop can turn my colon and intestines into cancer and many people dont go or ignore it. He recommended more fiber and fruits (I began to lack on these two for a few months) he gave me some meds to help me release it all. He felt my stomach for any sharp pain but it was pretty ticklish rather than painful. The poop It was in between soft and normal in a yellowish brown color. I suppose for now I should be okay. He is going to refer to me to some doctor on that stuff if I feel constipated. He asked if I have vomited or felt nausea but I dont feel that way either. Right now Im just hungry for some subway but ill likely take these meds (docusate sodium) to release all days crap and call it a day with Cheerios and Netflix.
    • Posted

He didn't say mucsabot basically put it that I habe common constipation due to lack of fruit and fiber. I finally had 3 decent bowel movements one last night which wasn't a lot but more of an improvement and 2 today morning without pushing too hard with the laxatives. My last bowel movement was just in a sausage shape stool. took one pill last night and another today morning. The white spots he said it indicated I dont have a lot of fiber (which I've also read around) the bloatedness kinda went away I feel way better now than how I did yesterday with some cramping in my stomach. I have never gone through such constipation before until yesterday which I felt like I had to go but I couldn't go.
    • Posted

I also think some are more prone than others as this striking an ominous chord with me yet I eat banana, apple, plum a handful of blueberries daily and still have issues around constipation followed by a few hours of illness. I also drink a lot of water.
    • Posted

I also drink a lot of water on the daily basis I rarely eat junk food although I do lack on fruit but I mostly get my fiber from morning oatmeal, beans, rice. The past months I have drank so much water that I went from 178 to 164. I've heard exercises also improves your bowel movements which ill jump to that today. Although I dont work out daily I still try to at least once or twice a week using the elliptical machine and lifting 20 pound dumbbells . I guess it just happens to people even when theyre not going all out of shape. I talked to my sister about it and she said she also went through the same constipation she eats more junk food than I do and even gained weight over the past few years. I had quit smoking weed for some months and I was a bit close into smoking again so just that the muscles can relax and I can get myself in the stress free zone. Im just glad the laxatives are kicking in a bit and I am finally improving slightly better on the boweI. I wanted to go to the ER because even when someone thinks its just some normal constipation it can also mean a lot of different things and since I have never gone through that it was common to freak out about it. Ill just stick to my water, fruits and a workout today.
    • Posted

Prunes, prune juice oranges and green grapes or even the red variety sort my constipation out.  Bran cereals are also very effective.  Good that your symptoms have been identified as something simple.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.