Sore lymph nodes for two months now

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello everyone, i am new here so pardon the long paragraph: i am a 21 years old male, no previous serious health conditions whatsoever, at the beginning of July a itch started bothering me above my thigh and throughout the course of a week a circular skin rash appeared on the spot that was itchy and then even appeared on the inside of my thigh after a couple of days. The rash was not particularly painful but it was definitely itchy and after a couple of more days one lymph node on my groin (on the side of the presumed infection) started to swell up and became very painful (it was still mobile but swollen and it hurt if touched) so i went to see my doctor who prescribed me with an antibiotic and asked me to get blood tests. The antibiotic worked and both the pain and the swelling went down a little bit, my blood testscame back and everything was fine. I was fine for a couple of weeks but the rash did not disappear and in a few more weeks (by the end of July) the swelling was back (even though it was a lot minor) and it also affected the lymph node on the other leg so i booked another doctor appointment. The other doctor i went to did an ultrasound exam (i have no idea if this is the right term if not i am sorry) and said that even though they still were swollen they were not majorly swollen and the effect could have been caused by the skin infection, so he told me to wait and see if the rash would spread further. Everything remained the same and my lymph nodes are now still swollen (even though a little bit less) and describing the pain would be hard, i would say it is more like a constant inflammation of the nodes that is sort of painful (they still feel soft and mobile and smaller than a pea) but i have no other symptoms. Should i be worried? could this swelling be caused by said infection or should i request more exams? i have severe health anxiety and i have been obsessing over this issue for weeks now, i feel mentally drained because of this constant anxiety and i keep on googling my symptoms, somebody please help me i have no idea what to do to feel better and i feel like i am losing my mind.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Just a little update, i managed to find the medical report from my ultrasound exam and it said that the bigger of the lymph nodes was 12 millimeters of diameter, could this be of any help in knowing if i should be worried or not? i have been incredibly anxious because of this

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.