Spaced out, dizzy, lack of balance, detached from reality feeling

Posted , 3 users are following.

Over the past week i've been struggling with this feeling in my head. Its almost like feeling light-headed, i feel dizzy, my balance is off and i almost bounce off things when i walk, i forget words or write the wrong thing down and do things that dont make sense? My spelling is worse which has always been something im good at and my memory is shocking. I zone out a lot and get double vision sometimes. I just want to lie in bed on my own all day and not talk or see anyone. I feel as if im on complete autopilot, that i say or do things without even thinking and feel almost that im hovering above my own body just letting it take the reigns, its extremely frightening because i cant seem to snap myself out of it

For context, ive been struggling with some physical difficulties for 6 months now, ive had itchy skin thats caused bruises, back pain when urinating and general muscle aches - the doctors are finally taking me seriously but its taking ages and im frightened that the longer they leave it the worse im getting and worried the damage will be irreparable. In the beginning it was just itchy skin and now theres a list of things wrong, ive been to the hospital/gp multiple times but they just keep saying they need to wait to see my blood work but this feeling in my head is horrific, i feel so abnormal and out of it constantly.

Another thing i should mention is that i ended up with disrealization disorder and anxiety/panic attacks in 2021 for about 4 months, i would talk to people as if they were on the floor or not recognise myself in the mirror etc, this was due to a edible i ate which was far too strong and messed up the chemical balance in my brain, this did however feel different to now and eventually went away and stayed away for a year.

Any ideas what it may be or what to say to my doctor to get them to focus on it - i can usually snap myself out of these things but even writing this i dont feel myself i feel so spaced out.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Do not allow psychiatric history from getting a full medical evaluation: bloods, exams etc. You will be dismissed as having anxiety but that is wrong. Only when physical symptoms are ruled out should they turn to the mind. I was told I was having a psychiatric episode when in fact I was deficient in vitamin B12. It was a terrifying experience and only having family to advocate for me led to me getting diagnosed properly and treated with injections.

• Posted

hi i I've been getting strange feeling like I'm not here like which is really scary and pannics me not sure if it's derealization as only starting getting since being on anti-depressants

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.