Steriod Card

Posted , 14 users are following.

Does anyone know where I can get the proper steriod card Iv e asked at the pharmacy but they don't have them.

2 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Next
  • Posted

If your chemist has not got one, you can look on the North East Website for pmr & gca they have produced one.
  • Posted

JACKIE, I have not heard of  steroid card!!!   If you find out where to get them, please post on here so we will know also!!!
    • Posted

by the way,  i live in Virginia

• Posted

I have asked at pharmacies but no one seems to be able to get any. I've now gone for the option of a wrist band from eBay which has a steroid warning
    • Posted

Print your own, blue card is available from most stationary shops. 

I have scanned the front/back, when it's folded it about the size of a credit card.  On rhe inside, one side is just you details, inc, doctor, hospital and hospital number the other side are three columns - Date, Drug and Dose.  Can't scan this bit for you as it has all my personal details!!

• Posted

Use the usual search for 'blue steroid card download' and one is available.
  • Posted

I got a bracelet which I wear all the time, just in case no one saw the card! I do have a card I got from the pharmacy. It took a while for them to find them and they were a bit dusty.
  • Posted

I carry in my pocket book all the information on my health, the Prednisone.

I wrote it myself.

I will ask my rheumy about the card.

• Posted

I live in Australia but I bought an alert bracelet from Ebay. 

• Posted

Not sure about in America but I paid $4.95 free post here in Australia.  I wear it all the time, says Alert - Steroid Dependant - adrenal insufficiency.

• Posted

THAT SOUNDS GREAT!  Sharon, did the doctor ever tell you that you should wear one of those alerts, cause that has never been mentioned to me by any of the doctors here....
    • Posted

Yes, it was suggested that I carry a message on me, I think the bracelet is the easiest way. 
    • Posted

thank you for telling me..........I wonder if I should wear one, I will DEFINITELY have a talk with my physician on my next visit this month.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.