Still feeling sick

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello again . Just when I thought everything was going so well these symptoms come back again . I have been on anti depressants since the end of January when I felt like I was having a breakdown . I had been unwell with numerous problems for a few months . Anaemia due to heavy periods , unsettled stomach , general aches and pains , migraines and headaches . I even went to A&E with chest pains , but after a thorough check up from a consultant was told that it was all down to anxiety . I'd had a lot to deal with in the previous few months following my mums death . Each time I have visited the doctor they have put it down to a mixture of grief , anxiety and my age as I'm 48 . The thing is this full feeling in my stomach has come back along with nausea . I feel like if I push my stomach it makes me feel more nauseous . When I get this I keep coming over really hot , but is it the nausea causing the heat surge or the heat causing the nausea ? I don't have any pain . I did just have a period that was heavy , stopped but I've still had an ache low down then this morning two days after I finished I had a bit of blood in my discharge . Are all these things related ? Is it peri ? I just want to know what this stomach issue is . Has anyone else had this . I hate it and I really don't want to continue feeling like this . I really think I should go to the doctor but my husband and daughter say that it's nothing to worry about , but they're not the ones feeling like this . I hate feeling sick like this . Jane x

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi I have been going through a lot of aches mainly my lower back causing my leg to ache I believe since I started wearing my flip flops again I bought a new or they seemed to be ok at first but a little heavier and it caused my lower back to ache my tummy gets nausea every blue moon but the weird one is when I get this funny feeling in my boob then right behind it comes a hotflush then the anxiety kicks in full force I hate it with a passion it's so over whelming hope it gets better for you
  • Posted

Yes Jane, I get nausea almost daily. Have no idea why. I have seen numerous doctors, tons of tests, no answer yet. Good luck to you, hope you get feeling better. 
  • Posted

Hi Jane,

yes the nausea, I get........I have even wrote in here for advice, the last few weeks have been terrible, the nausea espicially.

I do suffer with acid reflux, but for me the nausea was terrible and my medication ( Lanssoprazole ) wasn't really helping, I ended up going to Boots and asking a Pharmacupital for advice and was adviced on Pepto Bismol which ..............worked!!!!!!!!! Certainly helped with the nausea. Helped me anyway. And now take this when I get nausea,

i did as well go and see my GP prior, he would NOTbgive me anything as my symptoms I gave to him thinks I may be annemic????? 

So I'm booked in for blood works for June as I'm experiencing tiered'ness even though I get 8-9 hours sleep, nausea,and fatigue and crashing fatigue !!. Hope this helps a little????.

• Posted

Thank you . I just really feel like I'm losing it ! I can put up with the other things just about but not the nausea . I think now it must be peri as I have so many other symptoms at numerous times surges of heat then cold , migraines and headaches ,sometimes my joints really ache especially my wrists , back ache sometimes I have trouble bending down when walking around for a while , blocked ear feeling makes me off balance then fine the next day , lots of aches down below with discharge , can't wait to get my bra off some days as it hurts round rib cage . The list goes on . Also I keep forgetting words this really worries me as I have always been on the ball . Am I some sort of hypochondriac ? My labido has definitely taken a nosedive and I just hate the way I look as I'm too skinny now , but every time I put some weight back on the nausea comes back and I lose it again . Luckily my husband still fancies me , but he must be getting fed up of me . I know that my 20 year old daughter is . It's stopping me from doing so much . I would rather just stay at home where I am say , although still feel ill . Is this all normal ? Please help . I'm getting through so many tubes of polos to try and stop the nausea but then maybe that just fills my stomach with air . Any thoughts please . Jane X
    • Posted

Forgot to add that some mornings my legs ache so bad and feel like I've run a marathon or been excessively exercising . See my memories bad as well !
    • Posted

Hi again"

yep have all those symptoms.

had for 2 years now espicially the achy body ( I even remember going to my a chemist and telling the Pharmacupital ) my symptoms " that my body ached so badly like I'd ran a marathon the prior day / or done a heavy work out at the gym) bloody looked at me like I was nuts!!!!!!!

ive since found it to be FATIGUE!!

and I get crashing fatigue with it as well??!!

every symptom you get YESS I do to and a new one loud ringing in my ear only the one ear my right, every noise that is made makes me jump out of my skin..........I'm a migrane suffer and they appear a lot more acid reflux is much worse and now comes with sickness,.

poor memory chatting away then I forget what I was ttakking about!!!!!!

R u going to try what I use for the sickness/nausea?

al

the best. Like we really bloody need it LOL.

• Posted

You definitely sound like peri. I've had all those symptoms at one time or another, they come and go and I started tracking them and they always seem to rear its ugly head around my ovulation and a few days before I'm due to have a period . I am also anemic due to heavy periods about three years prior that used to come every three weeks. My periods now come anywhere between 23 to 26 days lasting only a 4 days and minimal bleeding. My GP won't give me anything because I still have periods even though they have changed. I never had the nausea but I had bouts of just no appetite. I have lost 30+ pounds in 8 months. I do eat when my appetite comes back and gain a few pounds back then I go back to losing my appetite again. Now I'm dealing with extremely sore breast, bad cramps, bad lower back ache, achy and sore knees and a stuffy nose. My cycle is due now but i've only spotted for two days along with hot and cold spells, racing heart and anxiety. I have the chills and wrapped up in a blanket right now as I type this even though it's 72 degrees. My vitamin D was low. Since taking supplements for both low iron and vitamin D there has been some improvements but I only get a few days of feeling what I consider my normal throughout the month. You are definitely not losing it and certainly not alone. Hormones sends our bodies into a tizzy. Have you tried Ginger for your nausea? Ginger capsules or ginger tea can help settle some of the stomach churning. It's worth a try. Hope it helps.
    • Posted

Thank you . Today the itching is driving me mad as well . My skin is red raw where I have been scratching . Does anyone know when you have the thick , clear discharge mean that you are ovulating ? I have only just finished my period though . Regards Jane X
  • Posted

Dear Jane

My peri started with unsettled periods, Weeks of spotting and feeling hot and nauseous was another first symptom of peri for me x

• Posted

I will go weeks of feeling good and then bam ! This really unsettled , churning , sick feeling stomach comes back sending my anxiety into overdrive . Does anyone else get this ? My periods have been getting closer together last month 3 weeks apart and this month 3 and a half . I have tablets to reduce the amount of blood I lose , but even with these I still flooded on Thursday with a large clot ( sorry tmi ) then it stopped , but had a bit of spotting of bright red blood Sunday . The thing is my stomach still feels unsettled and I have clear discharge now , but I've still got that heavy and achy feeling that you get when a period is due . My backs aching as well . Sometimes my left knee really aches and my wrists . I have problems with my ears now and again causing me to feel off balance . I thought maybe it was an infection or they need syringing , but then they suddenly clear . Also my nose will keep running like I have a cold and I keep sniffing , a personal hate of mine . On reading the symptoms of peri and what some of the lovely ladies suffer from on here , I am now wondering if these are to go with peri . I spend my whole day worrying because I feel sick and have no appetite probably making it worse . I wake up thinking about it . Is this all that my life is going to consist of from now on ? I can't even speak to my mum about it as she died last year . It's coming up to the anniversary on 30th June ,so that's at the back of my mind as well . Thoughts please love Jane X
  • Posted

I forgot to say that sometimes I can just not think of simple words and I get terrible itching and scratch like mad until my skins red . Does this sound familiar to anyone ?
  • Posted

Hi Jane sound a little bit like me feeling sickly and the stomach issues feeling full and like wind and nerves joining together I understand how you feel only who knows feels it no sleep either don't help I have been going through this 8 years now periods 1bleed for the year we all in the same boat I guess have to push through it .
    • Posted

I think the more I stress about it the worse it probably gets . I keep trying to tell myself this , but it's a vicious circle really . It's good to know that ladies are having the same symptoms as well . Mind due we would rather not have any of this to deal with obviously . Oh to be a man ! Until I went on this website I never realised that peri could cause so many problems . Blooming hormones I suppose I should have known that I wouldn't have an easy ride , as I had a terrible time when I was a teenager before I went on the pill . Chin up everyone X
  • Posted

Hi Jane sound a little bit like me feeling sickly and the stomach issues feeling full and like wind and nerves joining together I understand how you feel only who knows feels it no sleep either don't help I have been going through this 8 years now periods 1bleed for the year we all in the same boat I guess have to push through it .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.