Still having pain 3 weeks after unilateral oophorectomy, is this normal?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I had to have my right ovary and right fallopian tube removed a little over 3 weeks ago for 2 ovarion cyst and a high CA125 test and I am still feeling some pain in my right pelvis and side. It isn't unbearable or anything I can just go through my day, but it can be uncomfortable, and I still feel it even with taking tyelenol or motrin. I also had Stage IV Endometriosis, which NO ONE was expecting and have 6 incisions over my entire abdomen. The endo was so bad it actually shifted my organs a bit, my colon, bladder, ovaries and uterus were stuck together, and doc had to put stuff back in its proper places and the great thing is my biopsy came back benign.

I have been reading all over the web that I should feel good and be back to work a week after surgery, the surgeon told me it was going to be longer because of the endo being so bad. I have already seen him for my follow up, he said the incisions were healing nicely and just to take it easy. H e never gave me an actual time frame for healing though. I also see that the surgery should have been one incision through my belly button, I am thinking cause of the bad endo they had to go through different ways (?). Another great thing is my lower back pain basically diminished a week after surgery.

Has anyone had this same experience? How long till you felt you could lift over 10 pounds without hurting something? Is this normal or am I being a big baby? I am gonna call the doctor if it persists, but didnt want go through all of that if it is a normal length for healing. Thank you for reading

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Angels2

i would love to hear an update from you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.