Stomach cramps - what can it be!

Posted , 4 users are following.

As the title says i have been having stomach cramps on and off for years but nothing major, usually constipation. However over the last few months i have been having really painful cramps in the middle to upper stomach i then have nausea and sweats. I have been to the GP who did blood tests and an ultra sound scan, all of which were fine. I have been made to feel like its all in my head by my GP - she even said when I spoke to her on the phone that she needed to go as she had some very sick people she needed to ring

My poo goes from suddenly needing to go badly (out of nowhere) then an explosion, to then having constipation for a few days then the same thing happening again. throughout all of this i still get the excruciating stomach cramps.

please can anyone advise

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

any other symptoms? any foods causing this? have you noticed any problems with food, i am pointing to either bread or milk. the doctor's will not do much if you don't try to make some sort of symptom diary first. they will fob you off. if you leave it it will get worse. as for your doctor RUDE! you ARE sick - otherwise why would you phone? ask for another opinion.... oh and see the manager if you get nowhere. good luck, poor you!

• Edited

Thank you so much for your reply. Food doesn't seem to be the problem as i sometimes get it when i wake up

i will start to make a food diary though as thats a really good idea

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.