Stomachs adhesions anyone else suffering?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi 

I had 2 operations 11 years ago to remove adhesions from my stomachs and recently been really suffering dr thinks my adhesions are back anyone else suffering from this I do have I b s which is awfully at the moment too 

thank you 

natasha 

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Edited

Hi, my wife has had several operations for adhesions. Yes they do reform and every time get worse. They can cause problems of bowel obstruction. To help avoid this don't eat gas forming foods. Take digestive enzymes when you eat this aids digestion. Don't eat anything that's constipating this is like having a bowel obstruction. Don't strain on the toilet it increases internal abdominal pressure which can tug on adhesions. What are adhesions. Parts of the bowel stick together. Strand of fibrous tissue form between bowel and adjacent organs. When the bowel is under pressure the adhesions tug on their anchor points and cause pain and in severe cases bowel perforation. Pain killers to deal with this cause constipation. Don't go more than two days without a bowel movement. Milk of magnesia works well. Hope this helps
    • Posted

Hi thank you for your reply, do you think it would be worth me having the operation done to remove the adhesions to get rid of my pain? 

Thank you 

natasha 

• Posted

excellent review of adhesions gallee...thank you for the reminder...hope helpful to you dear natashamacy!
    • Posted

Hi. Ive had 10 abdominal surgeries. Terrible adhesions. Had 4 to remove adhesions for terrible pain. Even went to CA to Stanford for the best surgeon. They gave me short term relief but only for 3-4 months and they grew back worse. then i had 2 bowel obstructions from them and resection. At last obstruction they had to remove 98% of my colon. now i still have pain and diareah constantly. i wish i had not started having the early surgeries, i ended up worse. Now i have Short Bowel Syndrome and worse pain. You have to make your own decision and i send you prayers.

• Edited

How bad is the pain. Where is it and how long does it last. The problem is when your opened up it creates more adhesions. If you can identify a trigger like bloating or constipation then I would try to address the trigger first. The other thing is the operation itself has many dangers and should be a last resort. Plus the pain might not be caused by the adhesions. Check out that lowoxalate.info. Also nightshade foods. These include potatoes, tomatoes, peppers etc. they have a poison in them that can cause arthritis, pain and GI problems. 
    • Posted

The pain starts from under my ribs into the left hand side dr has said that in severely constipated, makes me not want to eat / drink just feel like the pains taking over my day to day.not sure what to do? 

Im so carefully what I eat dairy, gluten and wheat free

tahnks 

Natasha 

• Posted

Sounds like you might have slow transit bowel. I don't like meds because of side effects. I have a home enema kit off ebay. Comes with full instructions and works great. Puts you in control of your bm's. Keep on top of the constipation and you should see an improvement.
    • Posted

Hi 

what do you mean by slow transit bowel? Do you think I'm just really constipated? 

Thank you

natasha 

• Posted

Sometimes for whatever reason the passage of food through the bowel can be slower than normal. The longer the transit time the more water is extracted causeing constipation. The article on lowoxalate.info could throw some light on this.
  • Edited

Have u been scoped reciently. There is also a camera pill u can swallow to locate any   Issues u may have.
  • Edited

Facing intense pain post-adhesion surgery recurrence, compounded by worsening IBS symptoms. Seeking solidarity from others enduring similar struggles. Desperate for support and understanding in this challenging time.

If you are experiencing too much pain, then use these tablets and check [Esomeprazole + Zimeton]. For more details, visit us at http://paraquesirve.mx/. On this site, all information about medicines or treatments is available. I also obtained information from here. Thank you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.