Stool test

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I just need some reassurance

I've had IBS for a long time but the pain got quite bad after a course of antibiotics.

I saw a GP and had a blood test done which came back fine.

She also ordered a stool test but when I saw she had written suspected colon cancer on the form ( including other tests) I completely freaked out.

I did send it off and am awaiting the results, I'm now convinced it's cancer.

My anxiety is through the roof and the days seem like weeks.

Anyone had this experience? Thanks.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi karin, omg bless you! i wonder having read this if your are trying to sort this as an urgent 2 week wait referral just so you don't wait long? ask the question as to why it was sent as an urgent referral? it's all you can do and until you know what this definitely is try to do anything to take your mind off it by getting some facts first. c is hard to hear i get that, but until you know what's what, what can you do? 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏 hope it's ok!

• Posted

If your bloods came back fine she has no reason to suspect anything at all yet, they do it to get tests approved.

My doctor recently contacted me in advance to tell me not to freak out with what she had written on my test petition, she said it was to make sure the insurance would get it approved and done.

• Posted

Hello,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I received the results a couple of days ago and they were fine so a big sigh of relief.

I did tell the GP I suffer with health anxiety so she probably fast tracked the test but she could have told me?

Anyway, my husband told me to contact her again and ask for some help regarding my anxiety which is out of control.

I strongly believe there is a link with my I B S and my state of mind.

Thank you again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.