Struggling

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all. I'm at 4 weeks and 2 days, and really struggling with how long this whole process takes. My physical symptoms have barely shown improvement. There have been some, but overall I still feel really rundown, achy, tired. Some dizziness. Stomach problems. And I'm pretty sure that all of this has caused depression - I want nothing more than to curl up on my couch and hide under a blanket. But, I'm a single mom and have no choice but to get up and keep going. The (very small) logical side of my brain tells me that I still have a long way to go and need to be patient. But man....it is hard. Anyway, just figured I might feel better if I put it into words. I truly hope that all of you are making improvements and feeling better every day.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jennifer, it does take time but you will get through it. Try going for walks or start writing a journal on how you feel each day. When starting meds it does take time for the medicine to take full affect, but once it starts working each day will get better. Keep your head up. God bless
    • Posted

Thanks HopeNFaith. I'm trying hard to keep going and do things to keep my mind off of this. My health anxiety is running high and has me convinced that these physical symptoms are some dreadful disease, instead of just side effects. Anxiety is miserable!! Xx

• Posted

I understand Hun. Anxiety is awful sad, I used to get the negative thoughts all the time. They aren't as bad as before due to the meds kicking in. You will get there Hun. X

• Posted

Thanks 😊. It is so nice to have people to talk to who understand. I'm glad to see you've been making good progress! Xx

• Posted

There are lovely people here. This site has and still really helps me. Keep your head up and anytime you feel low, just talk to us here smile xx

• Posted

Hi Jennifer, I'm sorry to hear you are having a hard time!! You have been doing so well. Hopefully after this week you will start feeling some improvements in week 5!!

I'm on day 25 now so into week four.

Hopefully in a few weeks we will both be feeling much better, hang in there xo

• Posted

Thanks Pipk! It's just such a frustrating journey. How have you been feeling? What dose are you on now? Xx

• Posted

Sure is!! I've been okay, up and down really. I had a really good day yesterday but am pretty sure more bad ones will come. I'm up too 10mgs now 😀 Have been on it for three days. Was on five for two weeks then 7.5 for a week now 10. Still getting heightened anxiety at times and headaches etc some dizziness.

You are doing amazing being a mum through all of this!! Have to try keep positive and hope in a few weeks we will be feeling good 💗

• Posted

Thank you 😊. I do agree that if we can have positives attitudes, that makes a big difference.

That's great that you've made it to 10 mgs! Do you plan on increasing any more?

• Posted

So sorry to hear this sad I hope your days get better! I have been keeping a journal too and I have found that it does help. We are all here for you xo

• Posted

Thanks Smorse! I was keeping a journal but then I got discouraged bc I wasn't seeing much progress. I need to start again. How have you been? Were you able to go to pt the other day? Xx

• Posted

I've found it helps me to record how I'm feeling because it's a good reminder that there are good moments too. I know how hard it can be when you have to do so much for everyone else, that in and of itself is exhausting and stressful. Hang in there. I've been doing ok, I did get to PT the other day. Sometimes it helps me to have a mindset of having to do certain things no matter what, especially getting out of the house. It does help smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.