Surgery 4 weeks ago...when does the pain stop?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Like the title said I had my hydrocele surgery 4 weeks ago.  The swelling is pretty much about gone.  Surgeon said it could take 6-8 weeks for swelling to go away.  The thing is I have pain in one area still.  Is this normal?  Does it take weeks to go away?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

My pain was completely gone after 3 weeks. I guess anything is possible and could last longer, but I would check with surgeon or nurse to make sure.
  • Posted

I'm about 9 weeks post surgery and I still have pain around the scar area and slight pain where they stitched the testicle to the inside of the scrotum but nothing serious.

• Posted

This is similiar id say.  Mine is if im looking down, to the far right of the scar.  Hoping that has something to do with it.  Since day one is has gotten better but man is it taking a while.  
    • Posted

Give it a few more weeks whatever theyou use to stitch the testiclope to the inside of the sac loosens up and there is less pulling which I think causes the pain . Mine is minimal at this point but I feel it every so often.
  • Posted

Hey just wondering how you are doing now? Is sex life back to normal. Was sex sore for you after 4 weeks?
  • Posted

I'm one day shy of three weeks now and my pain is minimal but my stitches are driving me crazy. They are most likely disintegrating but it feels like a burning clawing sensation. My surgeon explained the stitching procedure but I didn't listen close enough. I know the scrotum or incision is kinda like a three fold overlap. So it looks real strange as if one side is staple gunned and the other free falling all over the place!

Again, this is my second surgery 14 years apart.

• Posted

I had an enlarged hydrociele for 7 years. It did not hurt but it kept getting bigger until even wearing jeans was too embarrassing.

Why the reluctance to have the operation? I was scared and some of the forums I was reading were really negative. My doc said that just removing the fluid was not really an option and while if I had the repair op I would have a few weeks of pain and discomfort I could then put the whole thing behind me and look forward to an uncomplicated way of life.

It is one week since my repair (left side size of a large grapefruit) and when I lay still all is calm. I continue to take Ibuprofen at night. Some nights I sleep better than others. My pain when it appears is usually above the stitches. It sometimes appears following a very short walk or when I stand for a while. I still resemble a land crab in my walking movement around the house ??.

I find letting water trickle down my front during showers is helpful to dampen stiches and ease pulling pain which can really hurt I find.

All coverings on my drain area and stiches have now been removed. There is still very slight leakage from drain wound. The tube was removed just 18 hours following op.

I will keep updating on my progress and hope it helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.