surgery date for 2nd THR

Posted , 18 users are following.

dear family of hippies, 

well, I have my surgery date for 2nd THR (left) and it is September 10, 2015 -eekeek -    I did not expect it to be so soon - 

Saw my surgeon on August 28 and was send to lab for blood and urine, got EKG taken, then to Anesthesia department and last admitting office -

Follow up date for Anesthesia, meds review, ward admitting September 01, 2015 .... 

Low and behold, I was ready to go home when I was told that they have a date and "Please continue to admitting office to register"

I was and still am in some kind of shock - and nervous all over again - 

on the other hand I have you here and many of you are right there with me with 2nd THR ... 

like Ian and Ali and Shirley and others who have theirs coming up soon - We have come a long way already, haven't we ...

Big warm hug

renee

9 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Renee,

i remember that that second Thr... This time you can prepare better. The one thing that made the second one much easier was having clothing that went over my head and adult diapers... Cause the pain meds cause the pluming to plug up then taking stool looseners then can't get to the restroom in time. Also having a small frig in my room helped. Packed with protein shacks and foods like jello and puddings etc. 

i tried very hard to just be happy to have the option of no more severe pain from bone on bone. I wish you the best.

and a great recovery!

never give up! Keep me posted. 

• Posted

Hello rennet

Good luck with your 2nd thr on 10 sept. Glad it has come round for you now after the waiting and soon pain will be gone.

I have my 2nd thr on 5 October so will watch with interest your progress. Best wishes maggie

• Posted

You'll both be well enough by Christmas! Just in time to decorate the house for the Holidays.This time let the rest of the family do the cooking! 

I know that you will both do well. Experience is under your belts. 

Maggie waiting is the hardest part for me. Once it's over I was ready to finish my life as best as possible. And I never looked back to the suffering before THR.

Wishing you the best.

Hugs

Hope

• Posted

Hi Renee

Good luckfor your op!

You are so supportive of everyone else on this forum, I hope you can feel over love and support for you!

best wishes xx

• Posted

Hi Renee

Glad you have a date. As you say, we will be here for you.

I'm 3 weeks today, off painkillers, using one stick indoors, and walking a mile outdoors with 2 sticks.

All good things to look forward to. Xx

• Posted

So delighted that you have a date Renee. One week from today!!! Blessings from all sources to you.
  • Posted

Hi Renee

Good luck with your 2nd THR. Hope everything goes ok for you. 

Wishing you a speedy , pain free recovery.

Val.x

• Posted

oh will be with you all the way...i am a 3 days before you....xxx jitters..
  • Posted

So pleased you are getting the second one done in a weeks time, sure it will all go well and quicker than the first, keep your rubber shoes on and dont get struck by lightening, like I was....Ian +++
  • Posted

Good luck and lots of healing vibes coming your way. 

I'm sure all will be fine, I've yet to read of anyone having the second one done who has encountered any real difficulties and there is no reason to think that you should be any different.

Not long to go now and you can concentrate on getting better and putting all of the pain and the pain that has been holding yout back for so long, behind you.

We will all be rooting for you!

Take care.

Ali xx

• Posted

Dear Renee,

I am glad you have a date and it's only a week away! This time it will be easier, we know what to expect and we are always here to listen and to help.

Good luck and big warm hugs to you

Ella xx

• Posted

You'll be fine! You're an experienced hippie now and know what to expect and have in place. Hugs for you now!

Trish

• Posted

Good luck Renee, so pleased you are getting sorted at last. We will all be here to listen to you and guide you throuogh the next op, just as you did for some of us when we had oour op. Have you got someone who can help you in your new home afterwards? as you know yu will need some support for the first week or two. Love Gill xxx
  • Posted

Dear  Renee 

Not too long now before your second THR , you will undoubtedly 'sail ' through the op and recovery 

all Hippies will continue to support you , you are and have been a tremendous support for the forum members 

My husband is now 6 weeks post his first and only LTHR , and the forum is the most supportive place 

stay positive and strong the 'family of hippies ' are with you 

very best wishes , Helen 07673

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.