surgery date for 2nd THR

Posted , 18 users are following.

dear family of hippies, 

well, I have my surgery date for 2nd THR (left) and it is September 10, 2015 -eekeek -    I did not expect it to be so soon - 

Saw my surgeon on August 28 and was send to lab for blood and urine, got EKG taken, then to Anesthesia department and last admitting office -

Follow up date for Anesthesia, meds review, ward admitting September 01, 2015 .... 

Low and behold, I was ready to go home when I was told that they have a date and "Please continue to admitting office to register"

I was and still am in some kind of shock - and nervous all over again - 

on the other hand I have you here and many of you are right there with me with 2nd THR ... 

like Ian and Ali and Shirley and others who have theirs coming up soon - We have come a long way already, haven't we ...

Big warm hug

renee

9 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Dear Renee

You know I am facing the same a week on Monday.

I really hope everything goes well for you and I am sure it will. I am still scared as I said I wopuld be and more so because I know what is coming. Bur I know as well as you do this has to be done to get any real quality of life back..

Once I am in the hospital I will post an update every day from my ipad and let you know how I am doing. I didn't know this place existed before I had the other one done. I hope you have all the same people looking after you as I will have. I think it is better that way.

Hugs to you Renee. I will be about when you are able to let us know how you are and how it went. x

• Posted

Dear Hailea, 

thank you - we are in the same "pool" with Ian, Lynne, shirley, Gillcat and Marilyn - and there are more 2nd hippies ... You are so right - I know what is coming and feel prepared and yet, the post-op period I am sort of dreading ... YIGH!!!!

Also feel that friends are a bit tired of looking after me - first surgery, then moving and now another surgery .... 

I bought a tablet, so I can keep in touch with you all while in hospital - 

we will do just great !!! 

Love

renee

• Posted

Good luck Renee.  Only one week left to go.  You will be so glad to have this op behind you and truly on the road to having your life back.  Will be here for you as you have been for everyone on this site. Kow you will do wonderfully well. 

Hugs and love,

Jeanne

• Posted

Wow, sounds like that was quite a surprise.  How brilliant to at last have the next stage on the calendar. 

When you moved you had some fabulous friends to help. I hope they will be there for you in those early days. 

at last you know that you have the emotional support of this group 24/7. You have been such a support to others that I hope you will sit back and let us send you lots of calm, loving and healing vibes.

hugs 

laura 

• Posted

Thank you all so much for your support and love  .... 

I am drawing blanks wink - what was it again what I need to stock up? 

I will be by myself when I come out of the hospital - I did good then and will do now too - 

Just need to get my nerves under control so I can do what I need to do ...

embracing you all

renee

• Posted

Hi Renee we have not been receiving patient messages for the past few days, don't know why, so I have only just seen your message.

Not long now, you have been there for us all, all the best for the op.

Big hugs from Hazel Dereks wife.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.