svt abalation

Posted , 10 users are following.

i should have gone in hospital on 5th june for op but i was that frigtened i made myself very poorly so hospital said not to come in sending me new appointment but i've ask if i can go to sleep when they do it has anyone had op asleep has consultant kept telling me no you dont want to be asleep but i do can anybody help me please

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello Anita, I just did my ablation on June 3 rd and it was easy going. You don't have to be asleep as its not painful and also according to me you must live the experience so that after you get out of it, you feel the new sensation. Am recovering and my groin only hurt a little bit. The nurse gave me some happy juice and I was fine, my eyes was open but I was relaxed.
  • Posted

Moreover, if you have experience SVT and was able to cope with it, the ablation is nothing compared to the pain you get when you have an episode. My advice be strong and just get over it.. wink
  • Posted

Hi Anita

I had the ablation Nov 2014 and was awake during the procedure.

I had a small amount of sedative, but if you're really worried (I don't mind admitting that I was really flapping before I went in) you can ask for a higher dose. It feels like you've had a good few shots of Jack Daniels in one hit. You're awake but very chilled out.

Having a GA is very rare and consultants don't like it as it changes your physiology.

I'm 100% clear still, having not had any SVT since the start of Nov 14.

Take some deeps breaths before you go in and get a good dose of sedative and it'll be sorted in no time.

Get in there and get it done, you won't regret it.

Good luck

Chris

• Posted

Hello Chris, did you have skip heart beat and felt your heart beating harder when you just did the procedure?

Thanks

• Posted

hi chris  thank you for answering im a private person and i think my problem was my husband told everybody i was going in and everybody was calling and saying good luck which was nice but im going to keep it to myself for next appointment because i don't like fuss and it made me worse my husband a loving caring man but if nobody no i might not get has frighten i will ask for extra juice thank you
    • Posted

Hi David

Yes, my consultant told me to expect some heavy hard beats, a heart burn type feeling and some triple beats.

Over the first weeks I had these a few times, but as time goes on not at all.

He explained that you're heart is trying to access the pathway that's been ablated, figures out it can't and goes about it's business.

It's amazing how great I feel. I had just over a week off work and now I don't think about SVT any more.

All the best

Chris

• Posted

Hi Anita

I know exactly what you're saying. Keeping it quiet will definitely make you feel better, I did the same.

It sounds worse than it is and you will be absolutely fine. Once sorted you will be so glad you had it done as your life will change for the better.

All the very best.

Chris

• Posted

Thanks for your advice Chris, hope

These hard beats stops and I can feel good and enjoy life too wink

• Posted

thank you it was great talking to you about it i have a very loving family of 4 grown up boys but they fuss all the time and my husband and i no i have to have it done had 17 adenise injections and sick of been rush to hospital with blue lights on you had made me feel alot better about going for it can't thank you enough cheers pasty man

• Posted

Hi David. After I had my ablation, for the first few weeks I frequently had jitters in my heart rhythm just like the immediate prelude to svt episodes. But it never went on into SVT. These sensations then just gradually disappeared of their own accord.

It could have been because of the reason Patsy mentioned, or maybe because SVT folk are so sensitive to any irregularities in heart beat that everyday jitters that everyone has worry us! 

• Posted

well im going in tomorrow 19th june hope all goes well thank you for your help

• Posted

It'll be a walk in the park, get in there, get it done and make sure you let us know when you're back home with your feet up! smile

• Posted

i cannot thank you enough i will let you know how i get on can you tell me how long r you in hospital for the nurse said about 6 hours is that right
    • Posted

Depending on how many tea and biscuits you want that's about right!

It goes really quick though, your family can join you and before you know it you'll be back home wondering what you were worried about.

• Posted

you were right a walk in the park had it done im home now said its 100% clear so proud of myself thank you again you've been great 

• Posted

I'm so chuffed for you, well done for getting it sorted. After a short while your whole mindset will change and you will literally forget you ever had SVT - welcome to the club!

All the very best - remember to rest!

Chris

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.