svt abalation

Posted , 10 users are following.

i should have gone in hospital on 5th june for op but i was that frigtened i made myself very poorly so hospital said not to come in sending me new appointment but i've ask if i can go to sleep when they do it has anyone had op asleep has consultant kept telling me no you dont want to be asleep but i do can anybody help me please

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Anita,

There is nothing to worry about, I had my ablation last November without any sedative, the first one they have done in Brighton without.

Next Friday is hopefully my final checkup that all is well.

Good luck with yours and try not to worry.

Ken.

• Posted

Hello Anita. I can add very little to what others have said here.

I had my ablation about 3 years ago and went from having about six SVT episodes a day to zero since the ablation.

The surgical team told me I had an usually difficult ablation procedure because I am very resistant to seditives etc., but the procedure was still less stressful and unpleasant than just one SVT episode. 

The ablation has transformed my life, dont't tink twice about getting it done!

Best of luck, 

• Posted

I've had anappoitment today at hospital to discuss ongoing svt attacks, they've boojed me in for this procedure in 7 weeks, I was terrified but reading this these replies have really heloed, thank you Anita for this discussion and I hope you get it sorted without too much stress. I think I'll have 7 weeks of should I shouldn't I but the benefits of having it just out weigh living with crazy palps that land me in a&e x
    • Posted

i was same as you should i should'nt i but i did had mine done on 19th of june 2weeks ago now im telling you best think i had done feeling great no more palps at all and no more going to a&e i no its hard and you will be frightened but don't worry the staff was brilliant they no what your feeling and they really do put you at ease im always here if you want to talk good luck

• Posted

i had my svt abalation 7  months ago op went well no more attacks but my heart keeps missing beats told consultant and he said your heart rhythm will never be the same has anyone else had these problems 
  • Posted

It's helping me a little reading your experiences. I'm 19 years old and was diagnosed with SVT last year with a sudden out burst of 180-200bpm for 14 hours straight in hospital before they injected me with something to restart my heart. I haven't had an attack since but I do get palpitations every day 3-10 times a day doesn't matter if I'm out shopping or at home sitting down they just happen. Some palpitations are stronger than others some hurt and triple beat, the doctors say that part seems like avrnt but there 95% sure I have SVT but not 100% until surgery. I'm worried about surgery! I'm on the waiting list and have been for 7 months now so should be any time soon, I really don't want a pacemaker as I know I'll have to have a scar and surgery all my life so they can re charge the pace maker. Will I feel pain in surgery as they want me awake? Would I die or live a shorter life if I chose not to go ahead with surgery? I don't know what to do but it is hard right now living with SVT I can't do things without SVT reminding me I have it with its horrible heart palpitations, out of breath a lot. Dizziness and I get a lot of headaches now
    • Posted

go for the abalation i have'nt had attack since i was like you 19 times having heart stopped and restarted again there's nothing to worry about the op they sedate you i was terrifed but honestly there's no need go for the op and get your life back 
  • Posted

Hi Anita, Reading your post make me feel confident. I am going to have ablation in May. Thanks Anita...Cheers
    • Posted

your welcome hope everything goes ok please let me no when you've had it done
  • Posted

Hi I am 30 years old and have suffered with SVT for almost 20 years. I would usually only have an episode or 2 a year but today I had my second episode in 3 months and both were more severe than usual with me having to call an ambulance. Since having my babies I find it has gotten worse and I think about it every day. I really want the surgery so I can know what it feels like to live a normal life as this really decreases my quality of life but I am terrified of the procedure. I have a baby and a 4 year old and the thought of something going wrong scares the life out of me. How bad will the procedure be?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.